Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

Loose EK routing rules using AS miles (outed by blog)

Loose EK routing rules using AS miles (outed by blog)

Old Nov 5, 2015, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
Interesting that in his Alaska Airlines section he doesn't disclose any of his tricks:
https://www.topmiles.com/all-guides/...rlines-Program
You are surprised? Why would he give away tips when he can just drive traffic by bragging about using them. I doubt anyone who has a real trick will openly disclose it.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
If he were legit, he would have had a member of national media follow him along on his alleged trip. But i guess at this point he wants to be a blogger of the basics. Not a good time to break intro the field, miles will be somewhat worthless in the next few years
Old Nov 6, 2015, 6:52 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by CDKing
If he were legit, he would have had a member of national media follow him along on his alleged trip. But i guess at this point he wants to be a blogger of the basics. Not a good time to break intro the field, miles will be somewhat worthless in the next few years
Well maybe BA will accept him as a blogger for them.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by CDKing
More that it is really difficult, if not impossible, to get on the best CC affiliate lists (read: Chase). The amount of business they want driven to them for new customers is only met by a few of the largest bloggers, and knowing the Chase requirements I'd almost be surprised if even TPG/MMS/VFTW are pulling in the numbers needed if their deals were starting now. If they were, they'd be making truly absurd amounts of money, but the Chase crackdown on inquiries tells me that the conversion rates must be way down even amongst the blog readers because they just aren't approving at the rates necessary.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 12:12 pm

He is at it again, now putting an article out about Etihad!
Old Mar 31, 2016, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BigRedBears
He is at it again, now putting an article out about Etihad!
Of course, because now Emirates is nearly twice as much with Alaska miles .

Also, yawn, nothing special there. I flew EY Apartment, wasn't so gauche as to ask for permission to see "The Residence" then play it off like I had somehow pulled one over on EY despite that they specifically allowed it.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Of course, because now Emirates is nearly twice as much with Alaska miles .

Also, yawn, nothing special there. I flew EY Apartment, wasn't so gauche as to ask for permission to see "The Residence" then play it off like I had somehow pulled one over on EY despite that they specifically allowed it.
One of TPG's editors did this as well. On the website they stated that he was allowed on board early for 10 minutes of access, but the editor's social media were posted in a way to make people believe that he flew in the Residence.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Astrophsx
One of TPG's editors did this as well. On the website they stated that he was allowed on board early for 10 minutes of access, but the editor's social media were posted in a way to make people believe that he flew in the Residence.
It's the equivalent of renting a Porsche and then convincing a Ferrari dealer to let you get your picture sitting in one of their Ferraris, then acting like you basically bought the Ferrari.

Except that would actually be more fun .
Old Apr 1, 2016, 2:44 am

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
It's the equivalent of renting a Porsche and then convincing a Ferrari dealer to let you get your picture sitting in one of their Ferraris, then acting like you basically bought the Ferrari.

Except that would actually be more fun .
Don't lie. Given the chance, you would be posting a photo of yourself in the residence

Gary Leff also took a tour and in flight. Looks like Etihad PR was trying to drum up some interest.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YoungSoloTraveler
Don't lie. Given the chance, you would be posting a photo of yourself in the residence
I flew The Apartment. It was myself and one other person and the rest of The Apartment cabin was empty, as well as the Residence. I'm 99% sure they would have let me take a peek had I asked, particularly once the other passenger in the cabin was asleep. I still wasn't so gauche as to go in and take a picture and act like I had somehow swindled EY . There are also no pictures of me in The Apartment seat.

"Photos? Photos are for people who can't remember. Drink some ginkgo and let the photos burn."
Old Apr 7, 2016, 3:13 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
I flew The Apartment. It was myself and one other person and the rest of The Apartment cabin was empty, as well as the Residence. I'm 99% sure they would have let me take a peek had I asked,
I was actually asked/offered by the F cabin manager [who is/was also the first female butler at EY] if I wanted to have a look at the Residence.

And I did, but didn't take any photos.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by jms_uk
And I did, but didn't take any photos.
I have 4 apartments flights coming up.
Will I take photos if I can visit the residence. Hell yeah.

Will I post them on a clickbait scummy blog. No.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rankourabu
I have 4 apartments flights coming up.
Will I take photos if I can visit the residence. Hell yeah.

Will I post them on a clickbait scummy blog. No.
I look forward to seeing your pics. A TR too I hope.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.