Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

Loose EK routing rules using AS miles (outed by blog)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Loose EK routing rules using AS miles (outed by blog)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2015, 7:19 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by CDKing
THis thread and every thread with a link to his blog should be deleted. The more linkbacks the higher the google rankings will be. Just like the serial spammer who posts embedded links to increase exposure to his scam site
Yes can someone put these down? ^^^^^^^
Old Nov 1, 2015, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Thumbs up

THis thread and every thread with a link to his blog should be deleted. The more linkbacks the higher the google rankings will be. Just like the serial spammer who posts embedded links to increase exposure to his scam site
I would go along with that. Not only close this, but DELETE it.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 7:46 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
I would go along with that. Not only close this, but DELETE it.
since this has started I have taken a little time to read some of these blogs and really they are self serving garbage some trying to convince us that they are experts worthy of our attention.

Like many things that once started as a great place for real people that travel real time for business and pleasure gone to ....
Old Nov 2, 2015, 9:12 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
If I had better tech skills I'd DDOS his site (and many other blogs) into oblivion. Karma will come to him, but sometimes it needs a helping hand.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 11:27 am

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
Originally Posted by Bonaventure
If I had better tech skills I'd DDOS his site (and many other blogs) into oblivion. Karma will come to him, but sometimes it needs a helping hand.
This kind of post shouldn't be allowed on FT. No matter what your opinion is.

Can someone actually explain to me what the loophole was? I can't seem to find any posts referring to this trick?!
Old Nov 2, 2015, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by Bonaventure
I would word it a bit different:

If I had better tech skills, and no sense of right/wrong, then I would DDOS his into oblivion.

I could probably develop the tech skills, but my personality would not allow me to do the needed deed.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by YoungSoloTraveler
Can someone actually explain to me what the loophole was? I can't seem to find any posts referring to this trick?!
Lets say this alleged loophole existed (his article said its been closed). there would be a reason its not posted. Just like no one ever posts real mistake fares anymore, Trick-it fares are written in code, people are fighting to have MS (and MR) locked down to established members only, super secret online and offline groups where people discuss things that used to be openly discussed on FT before it went mainstream
Old Nov 2, 2015, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lets say this alleged loophole existed (his article said its been closed). there would be a reason its not posted. Just like no one ever posts real mistake fares anymore, Trick-it fares are written in code, people are fighting to have MS (and MR) locked down to established members only, super secret online and offline groups where people discuss things that used to be openly discussed on FT before it went mainstream
It appears the biggest loophole is some made up flights and awards. LOL!
Old Nov 2, 2015, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by YoungSoloTraveler
The trick was flying all of those flights, just look at the route maps.

:-:
:-:

AMEN!!!!!
Old Nov 3, 2015, 9:50 am

Programs: Star alliance
Originally Posted by Madone59
The trick was flying all of those flights, just look at the route maps.

:-::-:

AMEN!!!!!
Frustrations aside; my question is will we still have capability of booking on EK with AS miles? I'm a few months away from having enough miles to go business class DFW-DXB-DFW for both the wife and myself and I fear that my chance may have gone thanks to a not so humble blogger

Side question: if the chance has not gone, when booking the EK trip, should I use the miles in my account to purchase both tickets or do I transfer the balance required into my wife's account and we both purchase tickets separately?
Old Nov 3, 2015, 9:57 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
hamzeus this blogger and the trick he exploited is not going to disrupt the AS/ EK relationship. I think your questions will be best answered in this thread though: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...ng-thread.html
Old Nov 3, 2015, 11:23 am

Programs: Star alliance
Originally Posted by Madone59
hamzeus this blogger and the trick he exploited is not going to disrupt the AS/ EK relationship. I think your questions will be best answered in this thread though: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...ng-thread.html
appreciate your quick response; many thanks Madone59
Old Nov 3, 2015, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA GS, TK Gold
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Photoshopped.
I'm not an expert, but the images is post-edited according to http://imageedited.com
Old Nov 4, 2015, 7:57 am

Programs: SPG/Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by tonykline1947
I'm not an expert, but the images is post-edited according to http://imageedited.com
of course... it's cropped and stitched
Old Nov 5, 2015, 3:19 pm

Interesting that in his Alaska Airlines section he doesn't disclose any of his tricks:
https://www.topmiles.com/all-guides/...rlines-Program

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.