Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

My $60,000 Trip Around The World In Emirates First Class For $300

My $60,000 Trip Around The World In Emirates First Class For $300

Old Nov 22, 2015, 12:23 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Gross abuse of the AS program should entitle AS to ban those flyers forever from their FFP.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 1:46 pm

so how did he end up doing this and whats possible anymore? does EK have single flight numbers that go from SIN to AUS and then continue onto DXB? ... something like SIN-LAX via NRT, same flight number even tho it makes a stop.

doing this piece meal on the AS site doesnt seem feasible. I still think the multi-city segment is a joke. so he would have had to call in to put this together.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HouFly
so how did he end up doing this and whats possible anymore? does EK have single flight numbers that go from SIN to AUS and then continue onto DXB? ... something like SIN-LAX via NRT, same flight number even tho it makes a stop.

doing this piece meal on the AS site doesnt seem feasible. I still think the multi-city segment is a joke. so he would have had to call in to put this together.
I could be wrong here.. but it seems he booked an award ticket and kept calling in to make changes. Maybe through trial and error he got an agent willing to type whatever route into the computer and if the system priced it out they let him add the change. There are a lot of lies and BS that he put out there. All the flights were not in first class, the ticket wasn't worth $60k, the taxes and fees didn't add up to what he said they were, he stated he booked this ticket fully online but his screenshots do not reflect this, etc...
Old Nov 24, 2015, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by Astrophsx
I could be wrong here.. but it seems he booked an award ticket and kept calling in to make changes. Maybe through trial and error he got an agent willing to type whatever route into the computer and if the system priced it out they let him add the change. There are a lot of lies and BS that he put out there. All the flights were not in first class, the ticket wasn't worth $60k, the taxes and fees didn't add up to what he said they were, he stated he booked this ticket fully online but his screenshots do not reflect this, etc...
true but i dont care about all that stuff... I just care about the routing and what's possible, just for the novel thrill of it. as most of us love flying simply for the sake of, well, flying

AS site is quirky (been experimenting doing one-ways since the article came out) and it offers some fun, connecting flight options in places where EK has 5th freedom routes. but even doing 2 stops (the search engine suggested em on its own) I dont see anything as exciting as even one AUS leg come up.

I always thought AS doesnt allow flights to AUS, so why would those flights even be loaded into their booking engine/inventory etc. unless they connect directly w EK systems when they book on behalf of their customers, rather then their own system.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
It was a loophole the author said was closed. If for some reason it isn't and you can find something similar just keep it to yourself. If AS were to add routing limitation, MPM or max segments it will make harder for those of use who do not live in a major AS Hub city to get any decent awards. Similar happened when people on FT and Blogs made a big deal and bragged about their crazy United awards, it became harder if not impossible to get to more out of the way destinations
Old Nov 28, 2015, 2:55 am

AS already has a max segment limitation in place. fortunately, its pretty generous even for one ways!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.