Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

Which bloggers do you follow now vs then?

Which bloggers do you follow now vs then?

Old Aug 11, 2015, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by RamboAroundTheWorld
Just one?
Good point. I'm sure there are many bloggers that do this. Actually, all of the "main" CC affiliate pushers do. As the saying goes, if it walks like a duck....
Old Aug 11, 2015, 7:26 pm

Surprised to see TBB and FTG on the same list in OP's post! Ha!

Then:
TPG
FTG
MMS
Milenomics (Where did he go?)

Now:
TBB - Funny editorial and great links
Doctor of Credit - Great information and thoughtful pieces. Definitely one of the better new bloggers over the past couple of years
FreequentFlyer
TravelisFree - Saverocity adding both TiF and FF definitely simplified my life
MilestoMemories - I've found his recent posts helpful and I'm partial to GC reselling
OMAAT - Just because...
DansDeals - Seems most on the ball with new deals. First heard about the Etihad mistake fares through him
Old Aug 12, 2015, 6:03 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
Then: Head for Points

Now: Head for Points

just doesn't seem to be anything else worth following for us Brits
Old Aug 12, 2015, 6:43 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by MilesMath
Milenomics (Where did he go?)

FreequentFlyer
TravelisFree - Saverocity adding both TiF and FF definitely simplified my life

OMAAT - Just because...
Saverocity did not add TiF and FF.
Milenomics appears to be down due to family/work loads, it happens to all of us solos at one point.
OMAAT Really? Did you enter the One Direction concert giveaway too? :-)

Funniest tweet on the SPG card was this:

Erik @AZTravelGuy
HOLY SCOOBY SNACKS THE CARD IS PURPLE!? I'LL APPLY IMMEDIATELY!
Old Aug 12, 2015, 4:17 pm

Wow! As a newbie I've been reading the blogs. I now have 17 new credit cards, joined 14 new award plans, and am running 9 plans to manufacture spending. Keeping track of all of it requires so much time, I had to cancel this year's vacation.

Ok, seriously. The pressure to pump up CC miles is overwhelming and far to unfocused for me. The amount of chaff thrown up by many bloggers serves to obscure the significant differences in a storm of confusing minor details, IMHO. My biggest gripe is that many of these cards make earning miles/points difficult and expensive after the signup bonus is long gone. 5x points for shopping at XYZ online and paying 25% more than the same item at Costco is not a deal. It's very expensive points.

After letting all the chaff blow away in a storm of hot air, I will pick one CC to help boost my airline reward miles. I like Chase Sapphire for all the reasons others do, but I can't transfer the points to my most commonly used airlines - Alaska and their sort-of partner Delta. I guess it's time to make a SS and see how things balance out.

Last edited by MrTemporal; Aug 12, 2015 at 4:35 pm
Old Aug 12, 2015, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Godot
Then: Head for Points

Now: Head for Points

just doesn't seem to be anything else worth following for us Brits
I understand that Boarding Area is about to put you out of your misery!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.