Search

The Points Guy: We never accept free flights [merged TPG discussions]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2016, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by kokonutz
Yes, good for him indeed!

But when I finish making my first $15 million I'm going to spend it on travel and experiences, not stuff like a mansion. But I'm sure it's a good investment.
To be fair, he's surely had quite a lot of travel and experiences already.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 3:22 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by 84fiero
Although I'm not really a big fan of the term's use on FT, I do find it funny that his address is on Kettle Court.

Nice looking house and I like the travel themed rooms idea.
looking through the photos, I can see several fabrics and fittings clearly inspired by several oneworld lounges.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Prospero
looking through the photos, I can see several fabrics and fittings clearly inspired by several oneworld lounges.
I would have absolutely no shame copping the style of the Qantas F lounges for the Melbourne room in my theoretical Points Guy house . However, I guarantee there will be no copying of the CCR bathrooms for anything .
Old Apr 30, 2016, 3:31 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
However, I guarantee there will be no copying of the CCR bathrooms for anything .
Genius! ^

<<twang>> <<cough>> <<cough>>
Old Apr 30, 2016, 4:03 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by gpapadop
Available for rent:

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4-...32660963_zpid/
Old Apr 30, 2016, 8:47 pm

I'm upset that some people posting on here aren't directing all their negative attention at Brian Kelly!
Old Apr 30, 2016, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
..."The residence boasts an architectural tower that offers expansive views of the entire rear yard."
Old May 1, 2016, 1:23 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
19 OT posts deleted. If you want to exchange niceties that don't relate to the topic, get a virtual room on the interweb. Also note that posting animated gifs is a no-no on FT.

Regards Oliver2002
Mod EM&PR forum
Old May 1, 2016, 4:07 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
To be fair, he's surely had quite a lot of travel and experiences already.
From Carol's link it looks like he's monetizing his RE in the short term rather than living in it. Which explains why it is getting some earned media.

ABC!!! ^^
Old May 1, 2016, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kokonutz
From Carol's link it looks like he's monetizing his RE in the short term rather than living in it. Which explains why it is getting some earned media.

ABC!!! ^^
Old May 1, 2016, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Is anyone familiar with the neighborhood? According to Zillow the market is quite "cold."
Old May 1, 2016, 10:59 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Although I wouldn't claim to be a Hamptons expert by any means -- Texas is so far away! -- I can see from the map that the house is a full mile "north of the Highway" and several miles from Sag Harbor. It wouldn't work for anyone (like me) interested in logging some serious beach time. Or for anyone with children. But I rather gather that that's not the targeted demographic anyway.

I respect anyone who can start and run a successful business. It's just that I find the blog nearly unreadable.

Very evidently many others don't share my opinion.
Old May 1, 2016, 9:45 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Can't wait to have a monthly MS meeting at this house with TPG sharing with all of us his secrets on how he gets 5x for his gift card and money orders MS activities all with free booze and no ticket to attend. You know, kind of like an FU to FTUs you guys...

Ok, I am laughing now...

#toomuchlamb&wine
Old May 1, 2016, 11:42 pm

Programs: DL-PM; Marriott-Plat; SPG (soon RIP) - Plat, and e/t connected to AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by gpapadop
Can't wait to have a monthly MS meeting at this house with TPG sharing with all of us his secrets on how he gets 5x for his gift card and money orders MS activities all with free booze and no ticket to attend. You know, kind of like an FU to FTUs you guys...

Ok, I am laughing now...

#toomuchlamb&wine
Too much Easter dinner! Wasn't this why you said no blog today/tonight?

Meantime, I always hopped on to his Periscope live chats and pressed for what % of his points earnings come from MS... alas, he never answered
Old May 2, 2016, 3:23 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I doubt any of the titans do MS. They don't need to because income from regular sources pays for travel. And talking about details of MS just scares off advertisers and affiliates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.