Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

[Renés]Delta Points: The "funny" little things you should know [DP discussion merged]

[Renés]Delta Points: The "funny" little things you should know [DP discussion merged]

Old Feb 12, 2015, 5:12 am

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Originally Posted by Delta Points
Here is the post btw: http://elliott.org/advice-you-can-ta...b-delta-think/

Not the first time I have written for CE btw. He is a great consumer advocate! ^
I bet he made you use spell check
Old Feb 12, 2015, 6:21 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota
I bet he made you use spell check
Being dyslexic is no joy, let me tell ya. Even when a spell check fixes things I unfix them (is unfix a word)!
Old Feb 12, 2015, 7:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Delta Points
Here is the post btw: http://elliott.org/advice-you-can-ta...b-delta-think/

Not the first time I have written for CE btw. He is a great consumer advocate! ^
That link freezes Chrome browser. Please check for rogue Java scripts.
Old May 29, 2015, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Delta Points: big news?

My phone has been buzzing from people at DL telling me that there are big changes coming to the Delta Points blog.

These are people who normally roll their eyes or call to bemoan the incoherent posts, but this time they seem giddy. Anyone know what's up?
Old May 29, 2015, 12:43 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
My phone has been buzzing from people at DL telling me that there are big changes coming to the Delta Points blog.

These are people who normally roll their eyes or call to bemoan the incoherent posts, but this time they seem giddy. Anyone know what's up?
Did they litigate (or threaten to litigate) against the site in order to bully it into following the DL party line or to make it less prominently apparent when people search for DL's customer-unfriendly antics against SkyMiles customers?
Old May 29, 2015, 6:01 pm

The only thing more worthless than sky miles is delta points.
Old May 29, 2015, 6:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Does Delta Points currently post old DL award charts?
Old May 29, 2015, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
The buzz is that its the first day of the Festival de la Paella today, where we sit around the fire, eat Paella and celebrate the worthlessness of the skypeso...That would be my guess.

On a more serious note, if there is excitement at DL, they are probably shutting down the skypeso program completely (finally).
Old May 30, 2015, 7:48 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by nk15
The buzz is that its the first day of the Festival de la Paella today, where we sit around the fire, eat Paella and celebrate the worthlessness of the skypeso...
Paella rocks! Other than that, not much else when we are talking about all things Delta
Old May 30, 2015, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Did they litigate (or threaten to litigate) against the site in order to bully it into following the DL party line or to make it less prominently apparent when people search for DL's customer-unfriendly antics against SkyMiles customers?
Wow. I didn't think about legal action. But LOL at your use of the term bully, knowing DP has a history of refusing to correct misinformation and has a documented history of blocking readers who continue to point out mistakes. Wouldn't that be bullying? Why would DAL exercising it's right to pursue legal action if requests for corrections were ignored be bullying?

Interesting times indeed.
Old May 30, 2015, 10:47 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Does Delta Points currently post old DL award charts?
Delta award charts, what are those? Those don't exist and never did, just like leprechauns and the tooth fairy. Please get this thought out of your mind before the DL Men In Black come for you!
Old May 30, 2015, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Wow. I didn't think about legal action. But LOL at your use of the term bully, knowing DP has a history of refusing to correct misinformation and has a documented history of blocking readers who continue to point out mistakes. Wouldn't that be bullying? Why would DAL exercising it's right to pursue legal action if requests for corrections were ignored be bullying?

Interesting times indeed.
Hasn't DP also threaten to sue other bloggers in the past as well?
Old May 31, 2015, 12:47 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Did he learn to spell?
Old May 31, 2015, 1:22 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Originally Posted by CMK10
Did he learn to spell?

Big no on that one
Old Jul 6, 2015, 5:16 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Awful Delta Points article:

Disturbing Delta FCM Trend With 1st Class Up Sells Medallion Upgrades Will Suffer More Than Ever

This has been going on for months, probably actually a year. And he's taking it so personally.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.