FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   External Miles and Points Resources (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/external-miles-points-resources-723/)
-   -   Le Chic Geek trying to break a posting record? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/external-miles-points-resources/1674874-le-chic-geek-trying-break-posting-record.html)

bevoinva Apr 24, 2015 2:29 pm

Le Chic Geek trying to break a posting record?

I've noticed every since she split off from Heels First Travel she's been a posting machine. Seems she is averaging a ton a day. She currently has 5 posts on the BA home page.

84fiero Apr 24, 2015 4:45 pm

I don't know, but I rather enjoy her posts - she seems to have a good sense of humor mixed in and a fun attitude about travel. Bonus points for the Airplane! screen caps she used with the posts about that SkyWest flight with the apparently ill passengers and for being a Star Wars fan.

Plus it's nice to see something different cropping up on BA other than more Maldives, Etihad, and LH reviews from VFTW and OMAAT.

bevoinva Apr 24, 2015 5:16 pm

I actually agree with you. I like her blog. Just found it amusing at the sheer numbers of posts lately!

Astrophsx Apr 24, 2015 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by bevoinva (Post 24716015)
I've noticed every since she split off from Heels First Travel she's been a posting machine. Seems she is averaging a ton a day. She currently has 5 posts on the BA home page.

Maybe Lucky will have a spinoff blog where he only posts airline gossip... and by airline gossip I'm talking about who got kick off flights, pastors who can't get people to donate money for a private jet, people who change into their pajamas in front of everyone in the cabin, etc... I'm sure he could break this record :rolleyes:

84fiero Apr 24, 2015 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by Astrophsx (Post 24716915)
Maybe Lucky will have a spinoff blog where he only posts airline gossip... and by airline gossip I'm talking about who got kick off flights, pastors who can't get people to donate money for a private jet, people who change into their pajamas in front of everyone in the cabin, etc... I'm sure he could break this record :rolleyes:

One Gossip At A Time

Astrophsx Apr 24, 2015 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by 84fiero (Post 24717042)
One Gossip At A Time

Keeping up with the Miles

FallenPlat Apr 25, 2015 12:53 pm

So, back to at least an attempt to add value here (if only a smidgen).

For me it all boils down to just one thing: what do I click on and actually read? Everything else is irrelevant abstract theory.

I don't click on that much at Boarding area beyond the "big two" -- like them, I'm an AA flyer -- but somehow I do click on Le Chic Geek pretty consistently. She's entertaining, idiosyncratic, funny and even sometimes usefully informative. Her occasional blog-mate Tiff's posts on Spirit, for one specific example, are among the best that I've seen.

Or maybe I'm just burned out on "trip reports" to places I've no interest in.

tjbrooks Apr 25, 2015 1:42 pm

It appears that Le Chic Geek is actually a Pror2Boarding member, not a main BoardingArea blog. But to start it might be having one of the P2B featured stints on the main BA page. And like many of those bloggers during their featured week, they put up tons of posts with the increased exposure. Hoping for promotion to the big leagues....does BA have relegation too?

sbm12 Apr 26, 2015 2:46 am

Originally Posted by tjbrooks (Post 24719913)
does BA have relegation too?

AFAIK no blog has been moved from BA to P2B, but I'm not certain.