Ads for selling your miles on BA

Old Apr 20, 15, 5:08 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: IAD
Programs: US-SP; AA-EXP
Posts: 1,147
Ads for selling your miles on BA

I was quite surprised to see an ad on Boarding Area offering to pay $1300 for 100,000 Delta miles. Very poor form if you ask me.
bevoinva is offline  
Old Apr 20, 15, 6:23 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 585
It is unlikely that BA is intentionally serving those ads. Probably just someone targeting those placements through the various exchanges or AdWords or whatever they run for their banners.
tlott is online now  
Old Apr 21, 15, 2:43 am
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: London
Programs: BA, EK, IHG, SPG
Posts: 25,569
You can't control these things.

There are some ads advertising, basically, prostitutes who will go on holiday with you, which slip through the adult filters because of the way they are written, eg 'Travel Girls'.
Raffles is offline  
Old Apr 23, 15, 4:15 am
  #4  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 83,658
Originally Posted by Raffles View Post
You can't control these things.

There are some ads advertising, basically, prostitutes who will go on holiday with you, which slip through the adult filters because of the way they are written, eg 'Travel Girls'.
Travel Girl = prostitute? I never would have guessed. In fact, there's a rather simplistic magazine called Travel Girl that is sometimes distributed free in DL lounges, for example at DCA.
MSPeconomist is offline  
Old Apr 26, 15, 12:42 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Somewhere above the Mason-Dixon
Programs: DL Ham Samich
Posts: 1,574
Originally Posted by bevoinva View Post
I was quite surprised to see an ad on Boarding Area offering to pay $1300 for 100,000 Delta miles. Very poor form if you ask me.
I agree.

That price is way below market rate!
RFDMinnesota is offline  
Old May 13, 15, 3:13 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: LAX, LGB, SNA
Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Posts: 3,179
Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota View Post
I agree.

That price is way below market rate!
Is it? I thought sky pesos weren't worth much these days.
hiima is offline  
Old May 14, 15, 6:03 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: South Park, CO
Programs: Tegridy Elite
Posts: 5,138
Originally Posted by hiima View Post
Is it? I thought sky pesos weren't worth much these days.
No way! Delta will gladly sell you a very nice ham sandwich for 100,000 miles (mustard is extra).
84fiero is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread