Chicago Seminars October 16-18th, 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 7, 2015, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Registration is live.

If you've been to a previous event expect something very similar. If you haven't been before, check out the 2014 Thread

For those who might be new to Flyertalk. If you're interested in meeting other FTers in smaller groups in different locations throughout the year, FT has a forum called "CommunityBuzz".

This is where people will post get-togethers (often called "DOs"), whether it be something as simple as meeting up for lunch or dinner or as organized as activities over a few days in places like London, Australia, Austin, Alaska, etc. It's a great way to meet other travel-oriented folk, but not in academic or large setting like the seminar event.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/

For those that are new to Flyertalk & want to keep current with what's happening with the Chicago Seminar Event, in every thread there is a link near the top of the thread that says "Thread Tools". On the drop-down menu is an option to "Subscribe to this Thread". When you subscribe to the thread there's also a drop-down menu where she say how often you want to receive notification of updates to the thread (never, as it happens, weekly, etc) & then you get email notifications of posts to the thread in the timelines you've indicated.

Hotel Shuttle Info

The shuttle leaves the hotel to go to ORD on the hour. It goes from ORD to the hotel on the half hour. You pick it up at ORD at the hotel/shuttle bus stop section @ door #2

Changing Your Registered Sessions:
  1. Log into your Eventbrite account
  2. Choose "My Tickets" from the dropdown menu by your name at the top of the page
  3. Click "Manage Order" for Chicago Seminars 2015
  4. Click "edit" on the right side of the screen
  5. Make changes to your seminar choices
Print Wikipost

Chicago Seminars October 16-18th, 2015

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2015, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ??????????
Originally Posted by lanac
Are we legally bound to go to the seminars that we specifically chose on Saturday?

What if I change my mind?!
Legally? No one is going to sue you or anything. If you change your mind login to eventbrite and change your selection. If you can't pick something else that mean the particular session is at capacity. If it is at capacity and you want to switch you're out of luck.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ashasan2005
It was supposed to be 11am. I got shut out of it last year as well, which is why i logged on at 11:59EDT
My apologies. It was a bad copy/paste job that I forgot to swap out. There is no MS specific session.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sterna
Anyone know if anything other than 2 double beds are going to be available for the host hotel. That's all that's showing, and it won't allow reward nights for those dates.
There should be kings available (it is possible they're all taken at this point but I doubt it).
Old Apr 28, 2015, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by trigleek
From what I recall having gone the past 2 years, the sponsors speak to everyone on Sunday morning and then we split up to smaller groups based on our main airline/hotel loyalty program.
Sunday's events are open to all; no capacity issues.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SkyBuck
From post #3:

MM's is the one that appears to be missing. It's also a little unclear how Greg is going to talk about two things at once, though I'm sure he will find a way.
yup, flub on my part. Greg is just doing one at that time (I wish he could do two at once) - no MS session.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gellison47
I've never gone to one of these events, but I think I'd like to try to make it happen this year. I don't think I will be able to make the Friday sessions however--is it possible to register on Saturday morning for the Saturday and Sunday sessions?
Simply register for the event and pick up your badge Saturday morning. You'll miss Friday, but that is that.

Still worth it? I think so and the most I've ever been to any session is about 10 minutes.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA lifetime gold, BA, AC, CX, AS, DL, AF(gold), IHG(plt), SPG(gold), HHONORS, .
Hi Howie,
1)I have already booked the seminar.
Trying to book the (Elk Grove ) hotel,I do not see the option of "with/without breakfast ,
like it was in previous seminars.
How do I confirm that I want the breakfast included ?
2)I hope that you will again organize a restaurant outing for Sat. night.
I have enjoyed it very much last year and I promise that this time ,I'll be on time.
Thanks
Michael in YUL
Old Apr 28, 2015, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yulmichael
Hi Howie,
1)I have already booked the seminar.
Trying to book the (Elk Grove ) hotel,I do not see the option of "with/without breakfast ,
like it was in previous seminars.
How do I confirm that I want the breakfast included ?
2)I hope that you will again organize a restaurant outing for Sat. night.
I have enjoyed it very much last year and I promise that this time ,I'll be on time.
Thanks
Michael in YUL
If you're staying at the host hotel on the conference rate it includes breakfast.

We didn't organize dinner specifically through the event for Saturday; but there are lots of folks that do get together for dinner -- this thread or other threads in the community forum are great for planning get-togethers.

Howie
Old Apr 28, 2015, 1:19 pm

hdawg - Thanks for clarifying.

I'm excited to attend my first Chicago Seminars. I went to FTU Advanced in Dallas and loved it!
Old Apr 28, 2015, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA lifetime gold, BA, AC, CX, AS, DL, AF(gold), IHG(plt), SPG(gold), HHONORS, .
BRKFST

Originally Posted by hdawg
If you're staying at the host hotel on the conference rate it includes breakfast.

We didn't organize dinner specifically through the event for Saturday; but there are lots of folks that do get together for dinner -- this thread or other threads in the community forum are great for planning get-togethers.

Howie
Thanks Howie.
Booked the hotel.
Michael
Old Apr 28, 2015, 4:50 pm

I have wanted to attend this event the past 2 years but always forgot about it and when I checked it was sold out! Glad I remembered this year! Looking forward to it!
Old Apr 28, 2015, 9:01 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Hyatt Plat.
First time at the seminar for me, just registered! Looking forward to it!
Old Apr 28, 2015, 9:01 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Delta, HH, SPG, Marriott, IHG
Hi Howie,

Just registered. Do you still need volunteers? If so, you can put me down for Friday from 4:00-6:00 p.m.

Can't wait!
Old Apr 29, 2015, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by happymondays
Hi Howie,

Just registered. Do you still need volunteers? If so, you can put me down for Friday from 4:00-6:00 p.m.

Can't wait!
Absolutely; thank you. Will add you to the registration volunteer list from 4-6pm.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 10:39 am
G27

Is anyone in here going from Indianapolis? Been trying to get some friends to drive up with me but they don't exactly understand our hobby. Didn't get to go last year and really wanna go this year! Was just curious if there were any other hoosiers that are going to be attending!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.