Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

USA TODAY FTU/advanced DFW April 17-19

USA TODAY FTU/advanced DFW April 17-19

Old Dec 11, 14, 3:49 pm
  #1  
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth
Programs: UA 1K/MM refugee to cheapest business class fare, SPG Lifetime Plat, CBP Global Entry, #datelife
Posts: 48,786
USA TODAY FTU/advanced DFW April 17-19

https://ftuniversity.com/events/ftu-dallas/

Note re-branding in title.

Otherwise appears to be the same cast doing the same show in a different city.
kokonutz is online now  
Old Dec 13, 14, 6:42 pm
  #2  
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth
Programs: UA 1K/MM refugee to cheapest business class fare, SPG Lifetime Plat, CBP Global Entry, #datelife
Posts: 48,786
Hyatt play status with purchase of an FTU DFW ticket.

Might be cheaper to get the chase card if what you seek is plat status though.
kokonutz is online now  
Old Dec 14, 14, 9:08 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: DCA/IAD
Programs: IHG, SPG, Hyatt, AS, AC, BA, AA, VS
Posts: 3,202
and you get a free night to boot with the Chase card
glennaa11 is offline  
Old Dec 16, 14, 5:00 am
  #4  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Potomac Falls, VA
Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Posts: 41,108
Koko
just curious, what is your role in FTU?
TrojanHorse is offline  
Old Dec 16, 14, 5:33 am
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: London
Programs: BA, EK, IHG, SPG
Posts: 25,569
Tempted to sign up, get Hyatt Plat and then resell the ticket! Can't see me taking a hit of more than $75 even with the transfer fee ....

Not life changing but would amortise even if only 3 Hyatt stays next year. Shame they canned My Elite Rate.
Raffles is offline  
Old Dec 16, 14, 8:17 am
  #6  
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth
Programs: UA 1K/MM refugee to cheapest business class fare, SPG Lifetime Plat, CBP Global Entry, #datelife
Posts: 48,786
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse View Post
Koko
just curious, what is your role in FTU?
I have none. No financial ties, no BFFs making money from it, have never even attended one. Wouldn't waste my money attending one, frankly. As you know, I prefer classic FT DO's where the money is spent on beer rather than speakers.

Just trying to fulfill my role as Ambassador to this forum by keeping folks aware of external miles and points resources that are out there that might be right for them.
kokonutz is online now  
Old Dec 16, 14, 8:23 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: At an airport-on a cruise ship
Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum Thnks to FT
Posts: 4,195
Originally Posted by kokonutz View Post
I have none. No financial ties, no BFFs making money from it, have never even attended one. Wouldn't waste my money attending one, frankly. As you know, I prefer classic FT DO's where the money is spent on beer rather than speakers.

Just trying to fulfill my role as Ambassador to this forum by keeping folks aware of external miles and points resources that are out there that might be right for them.
And you are doing a great job
cruisr is offline  
Old Dec 16, 14, 8:35 am
  #8  
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth
Programs: UA 1K/MM refugee to cheapest business class fare, SPG Lifetime Plat, CBP Global Entry, #datelife
Posts: 48,786
Originally Posted by Raffles View Post
Tempted to sign up, get Hyatt Plat and then resell the ticket! Can't see me taking a hit of more than $75 even with the transfer fee ....

Not life changing but would amortise even if only 3 Hyatt stays next year. Shame they canned My Elite Rate.
Based on my following the FTU market, I do believe one can grab the status and get their money back (and perhaps even a small profit) by scalping FTU Advanced tickets.

The market seems glutted for FTU Remedial, however.
kokonutz is online now  
Old Dec 17, 14, 9:29 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: YYC
Programs: AC SE100K, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 4,033
Originally Posted by kokonutz View Post
https://ftuniversity.com/events/ftu-dallas/

Note re-branding in title.

Otherwise appears to be the same cast doing the same show in a different city.
Rebranding actually took effect in DC

We've lined up ~50% of the speakers so far, but if anyone has any topic or speaker suggestions we'd love to hear them. Always open to new or different topics.
rehoult is offline  
Old Dec 17, 14, 11:47 am
  #10  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Fort Worth TX
Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Posts: 10,924
Originally Posted by rehoult View Post
We've lined up ~50% of the speakers so far, but if anyone has any topic or speaker suggestions we'd love to hear them. Always open to new or different topics.
Is there a call for speakers posted anywhere? I'm sure there are a few of us around these parts who might consider responding to one.
techgirl is offline  
Old Dec 18, 14, 4:57 am
  #11  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Potomac Falls, VA
Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Posts: 41,108
Originally Posted by kokonutz View Post
I have none. No financial ties, no BFFs making money from it, have never even attended one. Wouldn't waste my money attending one, frankly. As you know, I prefer classic FT DO's where the money is spent on beer rather than speakers.

Just trying to fulfill my role as Ambassador to this forum by keeping folks aware of external miles and points resources that are out there that might be right for them.
OK got it, I didn't realize that you were an ambassador in this forum
TrojanHorse is offline  
Old Dec 18, 14, 7:47 am
  #12  
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth
Programs: UA 1K/MM refugee to cheapest business class fare, SPG Lifetime Plat, CBP Global Entry, #datelife
Posts: 48,786
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse View Post
OK got it, I didn't realize that you were an ambassador in this forum
Um, that's MR. Ambassador to you!
kokonutz is online now  
Old Jan 8, 15, 10:21 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 6
I live in San Diego and am looking for a ticket to the Advanced FTUniversity March 6th?
Best place to look?
cheyenne100 is offline  
Old Jan 8, 15, 10:30 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: YYC
Programs: AC SE100K, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 4,033
Originally Posted by cheyenne100 View Post
I live in San Diego and am looking for a ticket to the Advanced FTUniversity March 6th?
Best place to look?
Probably the FTU SAN Forum on milepoint: https://secure.milepoint.com/forums/...-sessions.395/
rehoult is offline  
Old Jan 8, 15, 10:40 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 6
Thanks!
cheyenne100 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread