but i did not recall you were on BA
Old Jul 30, 2015, 12:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
i was not suggesting "telling" nor "10% bonus in ad revenue share"
Then what are you suggesting??
but i did not recall you were on BA
Oops. Because I am and have been for many years now.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

shows how much i follow blogs and blog forum...

i made a comment, i am not suggesting anything
"wonder if BA encouraged/incentivized"
im not one of the conspiracy theorists here
Old Jul 30, 2015, 2:03 pm

And when faced with a specific answer to such you're saying the answer is invalid and keep repeating the "comment" in the form of a question.

I'd like to believe you, but refusing to accept a simple statement of fact in response to an inquiry you posed makes that a bit challenging.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

you think im continuing something, im not

i did not say invalid, i said does not address, because we were talking about different things

some mile hoarders can be incentivized by things like one (1) free mile
and encourage does not have to mean giving anything concrete etc

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 31, 2015 at 1:45 pm
Old Jul 30, 2015, 3:57 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
shows how much i follow blogs and blog forum...

"wonder if BA encouraged/incentivized"
Not sure I understand either. You wonder if BA encouraged or incentivized...what?
Old Jul 30, 2015, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

titles / clickthrough emails / etc
Old Jul 30, 2015, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by 84fiero
Not sure I understand either. You wonder if BA encouraged or incentivized...what?
And I believe I've answered that question. You seem to think I've not. Feel free to ask it again, preferably in a complete sentence with punctuation, if you want a better answer. But at this point it is hard to understand what else you could possibly be looking for.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 5:31 pm

Are you posting via Blackberry, iPhone, etc.? If so, the lack of punctuation, caps, etc. makes it hard to follow and understand your points.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, mid-tier with pretty much everyone else
I can only speak for me, but my encouragement from everyone at BA is to be myself and write what I want to write when I want to write it.

I know you all roll your eyes at clickbaity titles, but I guarantee you if I ran the exact same post with the title "American Airlines Business Class Review DFW-HKG" and then two days later with "You'll NEVER believe what happened on my flight Hong Kong" the viewership would increase probably fourfold.

That you're still surprised at clickbait titles is probably more on you at this point (I hope that doesn't come across rudely). Clickbait titles are an effective way of building an audience (although maybe not a loyal one), and even when people comment on blog posts criticizing them for the title, that's still engagement...
Old Jul 30, 2015, 9:36 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by bthotugigem05
I can only speak for me, but my encouragement from everyone at BA is to be myself and write what I want to write when I want to write it.

I know you all roll your eyes at clickbaity titles, but I guarantee you if I ran the exact same post with the title "American Airlines Business Class Review DFW-HKG" and then two days later with "You'll NEVER believe what happened on my flight Hong Kong" the viewership would increase probably fourfold.

That you're still surprised at clickbait titles is probably more on you at this point (I hope that doesn't come across rudely). Clickbait titles are an effective way of building an audience (although maybe not a loyal one), and even when people comment on blog posts criticizing them for the title, that's still engagement...
Well, the tag line of your weblog is “imagine a more creative title”...
Old Jul 31, 2015, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i know your posts here, and your second reply reminded me youre BA, so i considered this resolved >

Originally Posted by sbm12
There is nothing handed down from "on high" telling us what to do.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 2:14 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite

I don't think anyone here (or most anyone who uses the internet for that matter) is at all surprised by click bait. Quite the contrary. That doesn't mean folks like it.

There is a difference between click-bait and an interesting title...if something unusual or of interest to readers did happen on that flight to Hong Kong, that's not click bait, for example. However if it was a routine flight and the post reflects such, then it's probably click bait.

Click bait is a red flag for a site with poor content that has to resort to gimmicks. If the type of reader who is into that is what a site wants, more power to them. McDonald's has more customers than the nice steak house in town, but I know where I'd prefer to eat.

As evidenced by the FTG contributor's public comments, it's frustrating for some writers as well sometimes.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 8:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, mid-tier with pretty much everyone else
Just some data for the discussion. I had three posts yesterday about the AA changes. Two of them had conventional titles and the third was a more click-baity title ("The Nasty change to AAdvantage you may have missed"). For the record, I felt the title was justified because I had looked through all the info I had 2-3 times before I figured it out.

The click-baity titled post got twice the traffic of the other two posts combined. It really does work, although I think people understand that and are just frustrated when the content in the article doesn't really match the urgency or seriousness of the headline.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 10:07 am

Just some data for the discussion. I had three posts yesterday about the AA changes. Two of them had conventional titles and the third was a more click-baity title ("The Nasty change to AAdvantage you may have missed"). For the record, I felt the title was justified because I had looked through all the info I had 2-3 times before I figured it out.

The click-baity titled post got twice the traffic of the other two posts combined. It really does work, although I think people understand that and are just frustrated when the content in the article doesn't really match the urgency or seriousness of the headline.
They may work, but after time if you don't have the content to back the title you may lose out on the loyalty of readers. Beyond newbies, loyal readers are probably the ones most likely to use your referral links.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.