FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   External Miles and Points Resources (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/external-miles-points-resources-723/)
-   -   Boycott click-bait blog entries! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/external-miles-points-resources/1627396-boycott-click-bait-blog-entries.html)

Renes Points Jan 13, 15 9:35 am


Originally Posted by gpapadop (Post 24153357)
I am not angry

Miles to Memories seems to think buzzard is just a tiny bit ANGRY! :rolleyes:

kokonutz Jan 13, 15 10:07 am


Originally Posted by gpapadop (Post 24153357)
From a week long of blogs pretending to be experts in travel and miles/points and all they are doing is selling plastic non stop!

http://travelbloggerbuzz.com/weekly-...travel-really/

Fighting back with satire

JeSuisTBB

I am not angry

Dear Sweet Jesus. So. Much. Pumping. So. Much. Clickbait. :eek::eek::eek:

gpapadop Jan 13, 15 8:29 pm

WEATHER ALERT!!! Free Delta Changes, click my Delta cards :D

84fiero Jan 13, 15 9:10 pm


Originally Posted by gpapadop (Post 24162280)
WEATHER ALERT!!! Free Delta Changes, click my Delta cards :D

It's as if Delta is the only airline with severe weather change fee waivers! Who knew?!?!:D

Renes Points Jan 13, 15 11:15 pm


Originally Posted by 84fiero (Post 24162466)
It's as if Delta is the only airline with severe weather change fee waivers! Who knew?!?!:D

The DAY Delta pushes weather alerts to FLY DELTA APP or moves the alerts being on a NON-hidden obscure part of the Delta.dumb home page is the day I stop posting about the alerts.

Just providing a service here. Nothing more! :rolleyes:

RFDMinnesota Jan 18, 15 7:21 pm


Originally Posted by Delta Points (Post 24163047)
Just providing a service here. Nothing more! :rolleyes:

I just threw up... Do they make a vomit face emoji?

CMK10 Feb 4, 15 8:28 am

Here's one not from Gary!


Flying is a pain unless you have this...
http://theforwardcabin.boardingarea....g-pain-unless/

FallenPlat Feb 4, 15 9:43 am

Darn it, CMK10, you beat me to it! The neat thing about this one, though, is the shameless and unapologetic panache with which it's carried out coupled with the truly silly underlying point: travelling with elite status is better than travelling without.

Gee, now that's profound. There's really kind of Delta Points-like greatness in this blog post. I unreservedly commend it to everyone.

I'll honestly forgive posts that are interesting or informative or otherwise well done. I think you're all way too hard on Gary, for example. But here? I see no redeeming substantive virtues at all.

RFDMinnesota Feb 4, 15 2:10 pm


Originally Posted by FallenPlat (Post 24289974)
Darn it, CMK10, you beat me to it! The neat thing about this one, though, is the shameless and unapologetic panache with which it's carried out coupled with the truly silly underlying point: travelling with elite status is better than travelling without.

Gee, now that's profound. There's really kind of Delta Points-like greatness in this blog post. I unreservedly commend it to everyone.

I'll honestly forgive posts that are interesting or informative or otherwise well done. I think you're all way too hard on Gary, for example. But here? I see no redeeming substantive virtues at all.

I disagree. People have more of a reason to be disappointed in Gary because he used to have integrity. I would let him off the hook if he just came out with it and said he doesn't want to write quality pieces anymore because writing virtually useless clickbait articles pays more than having self-respect and writing substantiative posts.

stackm Feb 4, 15 3:26 pm


Originally Posted by CMK10 (Post 24289583)

That may be the worst post I've seen on Boarding Area in years. Are there ANY standards anymore? Why is this blogger still employed?

davie355 Feb 4, 15 3:42 pm


Originally Posted by stackm (Post 24292064)
That may be the worst post I've seen on Boarding Area in years. Are there ANY standards anymore? Why is this blogger still employed?

Boarding Area employs its bloggers? I thought they were all volunteers, and if they're lucky they get ad revenue.

CMK10 Feb 9, 15 11:00 pm

Another BA Blog, this time "Heels First" (whatever that is) with:


I never thought I'd make THIS travel mistake!
http://heelsfirsttravel.boardingarea...s+First+Travel

TOMFORD Feb 21, 15 10:17 am

I feel like all View from the Wing titles are "something catchy, and here's why", or "something catchy, and here's why it doesn't matter".

For example: I don't like Gary Leff, and here's why.

Canarsie Feb 21, 15 10:54 am


Originally Posted by agp423 (Post 24390389)
For example: I don't like Gary Leff, and here's why.

...but you did not state why, you “click-baiter” you...

kokonutz Feb 21, 15 11:33 am

Clickbait within clickbait:


News and notes from around the interweb:

I’ve always wanted to go here <hyperlinked>. I’m genuinely not sure why I haven’t (including when there was a $61 mistake fare..).
The link is to another blogger blogging about.....Iceland.

There, I clicked on the clickbait so you don't have to!


Originally Posted by agp423
I feel like all View from the Wing titles are "something catchy, and here's why", or "something catchy, and here's why it doesn't matter".

For example: I don't like Gary Leff, and here's why.

There are only so many ways to convey 'expertise' without giving the milk away for free.

XYZ, and here's why.

ABC, what it means/matters/doesn't matter


Dude's posting 7-10 posts a day. He's going to have to use some over and over.

Let's take a look at a recent one: Airline Fuel Surcharges May Be Illegal. Here’s Why It Won’t Matter.

My OP rant notwithstanding, you can't improve on that, and here's why. :D;):p

(I wish I could force you to click on something in order to read the rest!!!!)

You could say

Airline Fuel Surcharges May Be Illegal, But the House will Always Win Anyway.

or

Airline Fuel Surcharges May Be Illegal, But a Fee by Any Other Name...


More clever, right? But here's the rub: the headline tells the whole story. Now there is no need for me to click on the link from BA or facebook or twitter to read this:


However, it won’t ultimately matter because the solution for airlines would simply be to change the name of the charge so that it’s no longer misleading, rather than to charge less money.
Because that entire point...the entire point of the post...has already been conveyed in the headline. He would have already given the 'milk' away for free!

It simply doesn't PAY to have informative and/or clever headlines.

And nothing trumps the profit motive when you are running a business.

Same reason most of these folks don't post substantive stuff on FlyerTalk (or even MilePoint) anymore....they get PAID to do it in blog and seminar venues (or at least get expenses reimbursed).


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 5:11 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.