FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   External Miles and Points Resources (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/external-miles-points-resources-723/)
-   -   Whose CC affiliate link would you recommend and why? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/external-miles-points-resources/1619052-whose-cc-affiliate-link-would-you-recommend-why.html)

kokonutz Oct 8, 14 4:01 pm

Whose CC affiliate link would you recommend and why?

I had the following iMessage last night with a friend who plays the P&M game:

him: Hi koko. I'm thinking about signing up for a 70k ink card. Whose blog should I sign up through?

me: Either Seth's (wandering aramean) or directly with the card not through an affiliate. To do it on anyone else's just encourages bad behavior (over-pimping). I don't see Seth pimp much plus he does original research. IMHO.

him: Thanks
I value you insight

me: You could also throw the $250 techgirl's way if you are so inclined.
Apparently this was terrible advice, as my friend couldn't find any affiliate links on WA (no wonder i don't see him pimp much). :eek:

Same with jetsettershomestead

I guess it makes sense that I appreciate those blogs.

So IS there a blogger who has EARNED affiliate link apps I should point my friend to?

brooklynmatt Oct 8, 14 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by kokonutz (Post 23646836)
I had the following iMessage last night with a friend who plays the P&M game:

Apparently this was terrible advice, as my friend couldn't find any affiliate links on WA (no wonder i don't see him pimp much). :eek:

Same with jetsettershomestead

I guess it makes sense that I appreciate those blogs.

So IS there a blogger who has EARNED affiliate link apps I should point my friend to?

I would suggest TravelisFree. He does a lot of good work, and doesn't shove the links down your throat.

I'd also suggest my own, but they are being 'revamped' and won't be back up until Friday, so use his :)

techgirl Oct 8, 14 6:30 pm

me: You could also throw the $250 techgirl's way if you are so inclined.
Thanks!

Your friend could still throw $250 my way, if so inclined. I just can't/wont't run it through a card company. ;)

oliver2002 Oct 9, 14 2:43 am

The answer is: none. Because it sends chase the wrong [email protected]:-)

ingy Oct 9, 14 6:10 pm

Use the link of whichever blogger provides you with the information you are interested in, answers your emails promptly and you enjoy reading. If you don't want to support a blogger, use the link of the card issuer directly. That always has been and will continue to be your own personal choice.

FTR 787 Oct 9, 14 7:47 pm

well Plucky couldnt help but throw up another post pimping this card. one last hurrah I suppose (though I wouldnt be surprised by another such post tmrw) cause he's under the impression that this offer ends tmrw. I'm sure a lotta the other cookie cutter wannabe or rather 'me too' travel blogs are following suit.

anyways, how did he get this impression? oh right, our old buddy MMS has been saying that almost everyday with posts about the imminent expiration of the greatest offer we've ever seen in all our lifetimes combined :D

so yeah def give your business to these folks, who are clearly working so hard for it! seems like they really need it or something. I mean why else would they shove it down your throat so much?

OTOH, a comedy thrird option is always a good choice. lets go with mommyppoints for that one... cause she was on nightline. and she gets everything for FREE :D (repeat that 14 times in her high pitched voice for optimal effect)

dhammer53 Oct 9, 14 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by ingy (Post 23653293)
Use the link of whichever blogger provides you with the information you are interested in, answers your emails promptly and you enjoy reading. If you don't want to support a blogger, use the link of the card issuer directly. That always has been and will continue to be your own personal choice.

Agreed. When you owned your blog, you got my cc apps.

When my Mom past away two years ago, only one blogger sent me a private message. It's no Secret ;) where my loyalty is in 2014. There was a small group of bloggers that I knew/felt close to, and still no hey Dan, sorry for your loss. :rolleyes:

I have other favorites. Some of them are on the TBB list (+ and -).

dh

kokonutz Oct 10, 14 10:18 am

Well sure. That's a given.

My question was who do you throw affiliate revenue to and why. @:-)

farbster Oct 10, 14 11:35 am

Ingy,

You got my early applications because you answered my emails promptly. I hope everyone else answers promptly, but who knows...I would think so, as that's their bread and butter.