Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bloggers' Compensation

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2014, 6:41 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by brooklynmatt
Really? I must have missed something huge.

I thought you said with $13 from 29 uniques you could only imagine what sites with 40,000 were getting?

I interpreted that as you were speculating on what they could earn, and were using your data point as a jumping off point. I simply pointed out that one you start to see 40,000 or 400,000 you won't see the same correlation to $13 as you witnessed due to regression towards the mean.
I think you did miss something. FWIW I didn't read pricesquire's post that way at all. I think you're the only one who made that interpretation by assuming something he didn't say, and which he has clarified that he indeed didn't intend. Why keep harping on it?
Old Oct 6, 2014, 8:10 pm

Programs: AMEX Plat, AAdvantage Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by 84fiero
I think you did miss something. FWIW I didn't read pricesquire's post that way at all. I think you're the only one who made that interpretation by assuming something he didn't say, and which he has clarified that he indeed didn't intend. Why keep harping on it?
Because I miss you FTers

Really, does this quote seem different to my comment?

But, it's worth noting, I've made $13USD in ad clicks on my new site, despite having zero readership, and only 1 ad hidden three pages deep.

I can only imagine pages that get 40k hits per month...
Mine:

I thought you said with $13 from 29 uniques you could only imagine what sites with 40,000 were getting?
So where's the confusion?

All I did was explain that if he was imagining then jumping off from the datapoint that he cited ($13) was disingenuous once you do extrapolate the numbers to 40,000 like he 'imagined'.

Why is sharing this, from actual experience, an issue for you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.