Wiki Posts
Search

BAcon 2014 [split off from 'BA Bloggers Starting to Run Out of Content' thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2014, 7:05 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by RTW1
Could you two maybe give it a rest for a while.... this disagreeing with each other which seems to claim 90% of this thread is starting to get awfully tiresome. Get a room....
The funny part about all this is Tabloid Buzzard has ripped off twitter photo's from blogs TBB "ignores" and has, according to twitter hashtag #BAcon14, the biggest day ever.

This aside from again and again being called out (TBB no like that you see).
Old Sep 23, 2014, 7:23 am

Seth,

Thanks for posting the link to the agenda. I didn't think it was a "secret", just didn't know that it would be online.

I hope that you guys learned a lot of stuff and that your blogs improve in both content and revenue. If you're working, why not get paid? Isn't that what America is all about? It would seem that Google analytics would be interesting for anyone to learn...

I did find it interesting that OMAAT had people other than Ben listed. I saw he had a guest poster a few weeks ago, but didn't know who the other two were.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 8:08 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by sbm12
Clearly we have different views of what is funny. I generally find someone making crap up about others in an effort to discredit them to be quite the opposite of funny.
Well... looking at the tweets/faceblech post that came out with the hashtags one really had to smile at/about what was going on. Example was your photo with the slider as a cocktail garnish.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 9:22 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
If someone is going to comment on the content of the event it seems to me they probably should have been there.
So the only people allowed an opinion about BA and BA events are insiders? That would be ridiculous, of course, but it's the logical next step from your position. We should also be gentle with airline management -- after all, we don't run airlines -- and hold back when tempted to criticise those who wield political power (unless we sit in cabinet with them).

I find TBB tiring to read, so have only visited rarely. But the BAcon post linked to above earned him a place among my bookmarks.

Originally Posted by RTW1
Could you two maybe give it a rest for a while....
+1
Old Sep 23, 2014, 10:22 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by ingy
One more time the Buzz gets called out and he retreats to "well its just for entertainment" "You miss the whole point of my blog". "Let me slam away at others and when I get called out I have a standard response to say it is "all in fun"

Its getting old and the suit shows signs of folding
This thread is starting to resemble a thread in OMNi/PR where someone accidentally takes an article from The Onion seriously and gets indignant about it. Then others get indignant too...even AFTER it's pointed out that the article was from The Onion.

Which makes it incredibly entertaining!
Old Sep 23, 2014, 10:27 am

Programs: DL Ham Samich
I think that "making crap up" should be someone's new hashtag...

Or just come up with a new phrase
Old Sep 23, 2014, 10:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by IMH
So the only people allowed an opinion about BA and BA events are insiders?
If you're going to speak to what happened at the event then it is probably a good idea to actually know what happened at the event. Or maybe I'm the only one who thinks that. I can handle it if that's the case.

There were maybe a couple hundred tweets about it. And my Bloody Mary wasn't even from the official event; I had that before we started on Friday. Also, it was delicious.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 11:20 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU

There were maybe a couple hundred tweets about it. And my Bloody Mary wasn't even from the official event; I had that before we started on Friday. Also, it was delicious.
i, for one, was green with envy. That photo was MY hi light from that event!
^
Old Sep 23, 2014, 11:21 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by kokonutz
This thread is starting to resemble a thread in OMNi/PR where someone accidentally takes an article from The Onion seriously and gets indignant about it. Then others get indignant too...even AFTER it's pointed out that the article was from The Onion.
^

I tried to register @MakingCrapUp but it was taken, Boo!
Old Sep 25, 2014, 4:46 pm

If you're going to speak to what happened at the event then it is probably a good idea to actually know what happened at the event. Or maybe I'm the only one who thinks that. I can handle it if that's the case.
So where do you get the impression that TBB was providing a factual reporter's viewpoint of what happened at BAcon14? His first paragraph states "Following the #BAcon14 hashtag on Twitter was an inspiration for this post. This is intended to be satire. Any injuries inflicted from laughter (or anger, it depends I guess) are solely your responsibility. For the love of (God) Chase, just don’t hurt yourself please!"

What do you find so offensive in his post? And what crap did he make up?
Old Sep 25, 2014, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by bksmm
What do you find so offensive in his post?
Offensive? Nothing, except perhaps the writing style. And all the repeated "this is just a joke" claims are crap when the actual behavior is far from such.

Originally Posted by bksmm
And what crap did he make up?
A lot w/r/t the focus of the content and the time devoted to various bits.

Such is life.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 11:25 pm

A lot w/r/t the focus of the content and the time devoted to various bits. .
I don't know why it's so hard for you to understand TBB's post was made in satire based off twitter tweets. His post was not about the content of the event nor was it meant to be factual. If you're going to accuse him of "making crap up", as a blogger you ought to be able to give a better explanation.

But if you're going to try to explain your accusation, you might want to understand what satire means first. From dictionary.com satire is "the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc."
Old Sep 26, 2014, 9:21 am

I'm quite familiar with satire; thanks, though, for treating me like an idiot. That's always fun.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.