Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

A thread for extraordinary blog posts with original content

A thread for extraordinary blog posts with original content

Old Oct 13, 2016, 7:47 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
My god, there's actually useful content there! Plus, it's written in legible English! I've never heard of Upgrd before; thanks for turning me onto that site. It seems like a bizarro Boarding Area that's actually readable
Old Oct 13, 2016, 9:42 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
My god, there's actually useful content there! Plus, it's written in legible English! I've never heard of Upgrd before; thanks for turning me onto that site. It seems like a bizarro Boarding Area that's actually readable
+1 Good to have some usable advice on this latest UA crap sandwich!
Old Jan 26, 2017, 6:35 am

This FM post detailing the current status on Basic Economy issues when paying with points (like UR, MR, etc.) is very helpful...

http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.co...g-with-points/
Old Jun 9, 2017, 7:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, mid-tier with pretty much everyone else
For how much people say they care about great content and this board isn't entirely about bashing 3-4 bloggers, I'd like to point out this thread fell off the front page and hasn't had a post in nearly six months.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 8:45 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources
Original Poster

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in PALMYRA, PA, USA
Originally Posted by bthotugigem05
For how much people say they care about great content and this board isn't entirely about bashing 3-4 bloggers, I'd like to point out this thread fell off the front page and hasn't had a post in nearly six months.

The sad truth is I haven't seen a post extraordinary enough to post here. Apparently you haven't either.

If you have, perhaps you could provide a link!? ^
Old Jun 9, 2017, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by kokonutz
The sad truth is I haven't seen a post extraordinary enough to post here. Apparently you haven't either.

Not a blog, but I think Andy and I are both a fan of the YouTube page of Wendover Productions.

There is a decent amount of "technical" travel related videos:
Old Jun 9, 2017, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by kokonutz

^By all means, feel free to share all the good content you've found bthotugigem05!

I'd say though it's no different than most of the rest of FT...of the "opinion" style threads most are complaints rather than compliments about the entity in question.

Originally Posted by Astrophsx
Not a blog, but I think Andy and I are both a fan of the YouTube page of Wendover Productions.

There is a decent amount of "technical" travel related videos:
The Five Freedoms of Aviation - YouTube
Cool thanks!
Old Jun 12, 2017, 8:46 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
This thread is about extraordinary blog content. Other threads are about blogs that post a dozen times a day. In those threads, some people point out interesting blog posts on those particular blogs. I agree that it's sad that some of the Titans have essentially flooded the space with low quality content which makes it hard for good quality , low quantity /conversions blogs to survive. I also think George at TBB does a fantastic job gathering high quality blog posts and thus this thread is duplicative.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.