Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

Blogger fined for bad review that displayed prominently in Google search results

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Blogger fined for bad review that displayed prominently in Google search results

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2014, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold

Posted without comment:

Blogger fined over review's Google search placement

A French judge has ruled against a blogger because her scathing restaurant review was too prominent in Google search results. The judge ordered that the post's title be amended and told the blogger Caroline Doudet to pay damages [$2000!]. Ms Doudet said the decision made it a crime to be highly ranked on search engines. .....
Old Jul 16, 2014, 9:37 pm

A blogger being held responsible for something. This is a totally foreign concept.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 1:37 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Glad I don't live in france
Old Jul 17, 2014, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
Glad I don't live in france
Yes, I can see how that great healthcare system, free education, no guns, great welfare system and having some of the worlds leading tourism spots on your doorstep must really suck :-)
Old Jul 17, 2014, 1:54 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by Raffles
Yes, I can see how that great healthcare system, free education, no guns, great welfare system and having some of the worlds leading tourism spots on your doorstep must really suck :-)
You missed 'the ability to take August off from work!' @:-)
Old Jul 17, 2014, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kokonutz
You missed 'the ability to take August off from work!' @:-)
Yes, sorry, add in 6 weeks annual leave. Although I used to get that in London too, albeit less common. The French also have an additional 11-13 days of public holiday per year, depending on the region you live in.

Ironically, one of the few things that would put me off - having a Skyteam airline as my home carrier - would not trouble our poster either as he claims to be a Delta man
Old Jul 17, 2014, 9:03 pm

I don't want to get into the politics of it, but I do often wonder, how does France raise the taxes required to support such a good social service scheme? And what the heck do younger people do for jobs when the generation ahead of them are employed for life? I know they flip cars over and light them on fire, but what else?

Before anyone gets on me, I'm not asking it sarcastically either. My family is from Italy and I couldn't imagine going to Italy with my career, due to my inability to answer the questions above.

French and Italians seem much happier than we Americans, though. There's apparently a way.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 11:12 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

I would take the judges from France in return for 6 weeks vacation in the states
Old Jul 18, 2014, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PWMTrav
I don't want to get into the politics of it, but I do often wonder, how does France raise the taxes required to support such a good social service scheme?
Social security money gets spent, generating income tax, sales tax and corporation tax back into the economy and tax system. People who get social security spend it, not save it.

There is a 'value' thing as well. The US spends 18 per cent of GDP on healthcare, the UK spends 9 per cent. We cover everyone in full for that and the average Brit lives 14 months longer than the average American.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 2:13 pm
Suspended

I guess this blogger never heard of "libel"
Old Jul 19, 2014, 3:31 am
Formerly damitssam

Living not in France will probably save me at least $1M over my life if not much more.

I'll pay the $50-70k for tuition thank you very much. ^ Ah healthcare, the system that robs the young and healthy, nah. Purchase emergency care and thats all about I need. Worth the $1M? Take a pass.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 3:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IIRC some of the recent French strikes were over reduced pensions and higher retirement ages for certain workers, including in the public transport sector. France could also eventually have problems similar to those in Greece and Spain as they experience increasing difficulties in meeting their retirement payment obligations.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 11:52 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Originally Posted by damitssam
Ah healthcare, the system that robs the young and healthy, nah. Purchase emergency care and thats all about I need. Worth the $1M? Take a pass.
Does not rob the young and healthy with no jobs
Old Jul 19, 2014, 1:33 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Ladies and Gentlemen, Dear Kids,
lets not go into OMNI/PR territory. We have plenty of threads in that section if you want to debate such things.

Regards Oliver2002
Mod EM&PR forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.