Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

[Renés]Delta Points: The "funny" little things you should know [DP discussion merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Renés]Delta Points: The "funny" little things you should know [DP discussion merged]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I love the succinct titles.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 6:47 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
May be seeing the beginning of the end...the other day it was announced that this blog will scale back posting to weekends only.

H/T: TBB!
Old Nov 20, 2017, 8:02 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by 84fiero
May be seeing the beginning of the end...the other day it was announced that this blog will scale back posting to weekends only.
http://renespoints.boardingarea.com/...nges-way-2018/

LOL - No. Just semi-retirement. I am old after all (over 50) and want more time off.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 7:04 pm

I think they say 50 is the new 30?! At least I hope so as I'll be there in 8 years!
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:59 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
It looks like he has quite a vocal Twitter presence, yet it appears that he has blocked anyone who has ever tweeted Delta. He's all up in arms about people wanting to either cancel or change their ticket on the A220 inaugural, saying that people are violating the contract of carriage by booking a flight that they didn't intend to fly, because somehow a change of plans or a change of equipment is somehow not ok. I guess he's never had a change of plans in his life. Would I be breaking at FlyerTalk rules by suggesting that this is sociopathic behavior?
84fiero likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by diburning
It looks like he has quite a vocal Twitter presence, yet it appears that he has blocked anyone who has ever tweeted Delta. He's all up in arms about people wanting to either cancel or change their ticket on the A220 inaugural, saying that people are violating the contract of carriage by booking a flight that they didn't intend to fly, because somehow a change of plans or a change of equipment is somehow not ok. I guess he's never had a change of plans in his life. Would I be breaking at FlyerTalk rules by suggesting that this is sociopathic behavior?
Oh yes, he stalks other accounts on Twitter and adds to his block list anyone who follows or interacts with an account he doesn't like (parody accounts, TBB, etc). The speed with which the block occurs is quite remarkable, indicating a lot of time spent monitoring for "offenders". Of course, he seems to not understand that this doesn't prevent anyone from seeing his public tweets.

Yeah I have no idea how he's arriving at that position regarding the A220 inaugural. It makes no logical sense.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 2:11 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond

At it again smh...From Twitter
84fiero likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by gpapadop
So he's not only cyber-stalking people but trying to play Delta Air Lines Police or something? That's really creepy and quite inappropriate.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 12:45 pm

Rene's daily mission seems to be to make himself more pathetic than he already was, and hes winning.
itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by jpetekYXMD80
Rene's daily mission seems to be to make himself more pathetic than he already was, and hes winning.
It's important to set achievable goals!
Old Apr 15, 2019, 7:56 am

Amazing pump of travel insurance affiliate today.... truly.... ah-may-zing
84fiero likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 8:17 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
I made the decision a while back to stop giving this "blog" (and I use that term verrrrrrry loosely) clicks. No audience = no $

And looks like he got [redacted]
84fiero likes this.

Last edited by oliver2002; Apr 16, 2019 at 5:59 am Reason: comment on the topic not on other members
Old Apr 19, 2019, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Did I hear that Rene Points blog was being sold to Hudson News, no?
FlyinHawaiian and Adam1222 like this.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good one
Old Jul 1, 2019, 8:09 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Guy named Chris now owns RenesPoints

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.