Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

[Renés]Delta Points: The "funny" little things you should know [DP discussion merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Renés]Delta Points: The "funny" little things you should know [DP discussion merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2017, 9:27 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by kingrat
Actually what I mean to say is that this is just a harassment thread more or less but Flyertalk allows it to stay, So flyertalky. It's easy to bash people behind a computer but I do support allowing people to express their views.
I disagree. This thread has provided valid criticism of the blog in question, not just of content but also basic grammar and done so in an often humorous fashion.

It's my personal belief that the blog owner purposefully ignores this advice and, to the contrary, has made ponderous syntax and grammar part of his brand.

But that's JMHO and YMMV!
Old Apr 6, 2017, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm pretty sure the blogger would agree with the saying "there is no such thing as bad publicity."
Old Apr 6, 2017, 11:12 am

Last edited by kingrat; Apr 6, 2017 at 3:57 pm
Old Apr 6, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by kingrat
I don't want to say that I read all posting on various travel blogs, I read the headlines and it is pertains to me I will take a deeper look. I don't get into that much detail when I read blogs as in grammar, spelling and such things, I care more about the facts. I simply don't care or worry about these minor things. It's a free product and you get what you pay for. If you don't like it then stop reading it. The one positive thing on FT is allows me to add people to my ignore list as I did a few people in this thread. My advice to Rene is to simply ignore them or have enough readers complain about the harassment. I reported a few post to the mods as borderline harassment and if enough people do then maybe something will change but based on Flyertalk history Mod's don't do much to stop people. As for the trolls, go for it, some people can take it and others can't and some places allow it to happens and others don't. I am not here to tell people not to do or say something, I stumbled across this and was wondering why all the hubbub but enjoy yourselves.
We will just have to respectfully disagree about whether you should perhaps heed your own advice and simply not comment about things you don't like to read rather than call people "trolls." After all, Flyertalk is a "free" product. Of course if you are saying Renes blog is worth what you pay for -- zero, perhaps you yourself are just trolling them.

We're also free to respectfully disagree whether things like grammar and punctuation make certain blogs unreadable, regardless of the facts that may be buried amongst the mishmash. Having that view- and sharing it - is not harassment. Indeed, standard rules of grammar and punctuation exist so that we can easily understand one another.

For my edification, I'd be curious if you could identify what you consider "harassment." I've just scrolled the past few pages and don't see anything that remotely qualifies as harassment. Petty? Sure. Nitpicking? Of course. Some serious, honest criticism? Lots. But harassment? Nope. Certainly nothing any more harassing than the multiple posts you have now made. My posts responding to you have been eloquent, rational, and even-tempered. You have called people "trolls" -- which has become code for "people who criticize a blog post or series of posts whom I disagree with."

(I also assume you were not being cute in a thread where grammar and punctuation is a common topic with this sentence: "I reported a few post to the mods as borderline harassment and if enough people do then maybe something will change but based on Flyertalk history Mod's don't do much to stop people.")

Last edited by Adam1222; Apr 6, 2017 at 11:35 am
Old Apr 6, 2017, 5:06 pm

This all reads like a bunch of FAKE NEWS to me!

Hired help?
Old Apr 7, 2017, 5:11 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Exsqueeze me but I smell a rat...

Anyways, being threatened by lawsuits several times qualifies as harassment, no?

So please spare me all the harassment talk BS, thanks.

Now back to regular programming...selling only credit cards that pay
Old Apr 7, 2017, 11:49 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by gpapadop
Exsqueeze me but I smell a rat...

Anyways, being threatened by lawsuits several times qualifies as harassment, no?

So please spare me all the harassment talk BS, thanks.

Now back to regular programming...selling only credit cards that pay
^

I'd also add that the DP/RP blog also has had issues in the past with pushing inferior offers and squelching mentions of better ones in blog comments. Similarly, blog comments pointing out errors in a blog post have been eliminated. All of that is certainly fair criticism. Critiquing public writing by a for-profit enterprise is not harassment.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 7:45 pm

dat parody twitter account though
Old Apr 17, 2017, 11:55 am

From the most recent 737-900 article:
Next we have the lavatories. Ugh. They are so small they make a CJR200 look like a luxury liner. If you have not been in one, just don’t go. I really could go on and on how crews hate the 737-900ER due to lack of space in the galley and pilots are no fans because they are so under powered and “dumbed” down” to make Southwest that only buys 737s happy.

The above is a common example of how hard it is to get through some of the articles. Is he really trying to say the bathrooms on a 737-900ER are smaller than those on the CRJ-200? I had to re-read the last run-on sentence 3 times before I could decipher it. "Ugh."
Old Apr 17, 2017, 2:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by Flamenguista
From the most recent 737-900 article:

The above is a common example of how hard it is to get through some of the articles. Is he really trying to say the bathrooms on a 737-900ER are smaller than those on the CRJ-200? I had to re-read the last run-on sentence 3 times before I could decipher it. "Ugh."
Fixed that for you! ^

Last edited by Renes Points; Apr 18, 2017 at 10:19 am Reason: removed copyrigted materal
Old Apr 17, 2017, 2:36 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Renes Points
Fixed that for you! ^
are you really that desperate for pingbacks?

#SAD
Old Apr 17, 2017, 2:41 pm

FT should stop allowing blatant self-promotion links from failing bloggers who have no value to add otherwise.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seems like less time spent here and more time spent proofreading would be a good change.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 3:34 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Renes Points
Fixed that for you! ^
Exhibit 54 for the next time someone gets high and mighty how this is a "Blogger Bashing Board" or this thread is just bullying of Saint René....
Old Apr 17, 2017, 4:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
FT should stop allowing blatant self-promotion links from failing bloggers who have no value to add otherwise.
See: http://sarafhawkins.com/copyright-in...-peoples-work/

It is not OK ripping off others work without permission or attribution.

Theft is is theft!

Just because you don't like something at some store if you walk out without paying you still can land in jail.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.