Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

[Renés]Delta Points: The "funny" little things you should know [DP discussion merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Renés]Delta Points: The "funny" little things you should know [DP discussion merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2014, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by freeloader
Please show me what BA blogger posted on the trick to getting the AA exec card 6 times w/o having to pay an annual fee. That has been the BIGGEST deal of the year - and it was never discussed. FT had an incredible helpful and updated wiki on it.
Lol. I made a post on that exact topic and got flamed for it in the comments, on FT, on Twitter, on TBB...

Problem is people want it both ways with the blogs...and therefore no matter what the content, people will be angry.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 9:51 pm

David R. says:
July 16, 2014 at 11:02 am
FT sounds like a good place to avoid. It’s too bad that so many good things get ruined by a bunch of jerks with egos.

This is on the short list for the most ironic statements the world has ever seen. If this could be made into a fedora, a hipster would drop $1,200 on it at a vintage store.

Also, DP, you can rest assured that anything i've said to you on here, ( or would love to say to you on here) would most definitely be said to your face.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by ctownflyer
Lol. I made a post on that exact topic and got flamed for it in the comments, on FT, on Twitter, on TBB...

Problem is people want it both ways with the blogs...and therefore no matter what the content, people will be angry.
There's a catch-22 here. People don't want you to screw things up by using a megaphone, and they also think bloggers waste people's attention at any rate.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 8:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

nope. also the Do's are worthless..... And ignore the fact that 95%+ of new FTs likely have a positive first impression
I bet that number is way off.
Originally Posted by underpressure
I used to cringe when I saw a new poster ask a question only to be told "learn to do a search". That isn't is bad as it used to be, but it still exists.
It is still pretty bad, depending on the forum.

There are large chunks of this community which are not welcoming to newcomers. Sad, but true.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Quote:
I used to frequent Flyertalk as a lurker. I rarely post.
As such, FT is populated by (not nice people), pure and simple.
The level of smugness is off the charts.
It has been increasingly difficult to ferret out information and most “members” are either too busy to even condescend to answer or they actually seem angry if a poster dares to post in the wrong forum.
Randy should shut it down and start over.

Bolding mine.

Who is this Randy guy that should shutit down?

dh
Old Jul 17, 2014, 9:13 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by dhammer53
Quote:
I used to frequent Flyertalk as a lurker. I rarely post.
As such, FT is populated by (not nice people), pure and simple.
The level of smugness is off the charts.
It has been increasingly difficult to ferret out information and most “members” are either too busy to even condescend to answer or they actually seem angry if a poster dares to post in the wrong forum.
Randy should shut it down and start over.

Bolding mine.

Who is this Randy guy that should shutit down?

dh
Perhaps the commenter meant Randy should shut down MilePoint!?

Last edited by kokonutz; Jul 17, 2014 at 9:25 am
Old Jul 17, 2014, 11:30 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by cruisr
Can't wait to see what TravelBloggerBuzz says about Rene's Deltapoints
I say lot more on twitter as soon as I go through blog reviews on Feedly. Nothing more about these "expert" credit card salesmen. Ignore them. Friends don't let friends click on their credit card links.

Soooooo....did you all see how FTG is doing newbie seminars much smaller to "hold conversations" lol Sounds like they are copying the Saverocity meetings!...Maybe deserves its own thread.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 11:35 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by jpetekYXMD80
This is on the short list for the most ironic statements the world has ever seen. If this could be made into a fedora, a hipster would drop $1,200 on it at a vintage store.

That is soooo funny, thanks, I am still laughing...I am on the floor...cant' stop LOL
Old Jul 17, 2014, 3:52 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by sbm12
nope. also the Do's are worthless..... And ignore the fact that 95%+ of new FTs likely have a positive first impression
I bet that number is way off.
Originally Posted by underpressure
I used to cringe when I saw a new poster ask a question only to be told "learn to do a search". That isn't is bad as it used to be, but it still exists.
It is still pretty bad, depending on the forum.

There are large chunks of this community which are not welcoming to newcomers. Sad, but true.
I wouldn't disagree with any of this. While improvements have been made some forums are worse than others with little sign of improvement.

The above coming from a credible blogger and FT member like you, is one thing...from DP, the irony meters is pegged!

Speaking of which, I assume DP won't be on FT anymore, since it's such a vile place
Old Jul 17, 2014, 7:36 pm

Programs: BA/AA/UA
David R. says:
FT sounds like a good place to avoid. It’s too bad that so many good things get ruined by a bunch of jerks with egos.

Originally Posted by gpapadop

That is soooo funny, thanks, I am still laughing...I am on the floor...cant' stop LOL
Yep... I'm filing that one away for future use
Old Jul 17, 2014, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by gpapadop
I say lot more on twitter as soon as I go through blog reviews on Feedly. Nothing more about these "expert" credit card salesmen. Ignore them. Friends don't let friends click on their credit card links.

Soooooo....did you all see how FTG is doing newbie seminars much smaller to "hold conversations" lol Sounds like they are copying the Saverocity meetings!...Maybe deserves its own thread.
Nah dude, the Saverocity meetings are way more exclusive. I have a friggin' blog on that site and I wasn't invited

And you know what, I don't want to be a part of any seminar that would have me as a guest.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by 84fiero
Wow. The whole post is pretty bold for a guy who takes so much content from here, has so much bad info on his blog, censors blog comments, and attacks members on here.
Amen. If it was my decision, DeltaPoints would be banned from FT for taking so much content and adding mis-information to it in his 'blog' and censoring anyone who tries to set the record straight.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
David R. says:

"Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded." -YB

Originally Posted by carpentry4thought
There's a catch-22 here. People don't want you to screw things up by using a megaphone, and they also think bloggers waste people's attention at any rate.
Also known as, "If I know about the trick, bloggers should just shut up about it and not ruin it. If I don't know about it, bloggers have an obligation to write about their best ideas."

Mike
Old Jul 18, 2014, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by mikeef
"Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded." -YB

Also known as, "If I know about the trick, bloggers should just shut up about it and not ruin it. If I don't know about it, bloggers have an obligation to write about their best ideas."

Mike
Hmm. Curious. Bloggers' best ideas? Might you mean ideas they lift from others without their permission or, in most cases, foreknowledge, or ideas that come from themselves?
Old Jul 18, 2014, 10:57 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

“I wish the MODS would be a bit more diligent at enforcing the rules – then it would be a much better place.”

Thank you for the unsolicited advice, Delta Points.

Sincerely,

A FlyerTalk member who — as of this month — is celebrating his tenth year of moderating the Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles forum and does everything he can to ensure that that forum is as friendly a place to participate as possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.