Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

[Renés]Delta Points: The "funny" little things you should know [DP discussion merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Renés]Delta Points: The "funny" little things you should know [DP discussion merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2014, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbm12
It was always social media.
"social media", in its current form, is new

for example packaging tweets as a blog
Old Jul 21, 2014, 6:47 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by 100orBust
Originally Posted by 84

fiero;23231441
Yeah there are a lot of bloggers who fancy themselves the next Edward R. Murrow, which is especially commical in many cases!

I too have expeienced internet forums far less welcoming than FT. Yet it's not perfect and that is probably the only area of DP's rant with some merit (which isn't to say I appreciated that post in itsel) That said, many FT areas are very hospitable.
I actually find some degree of criticality on FT to be necessary- imagine if no one was criticized for writing a question that was just answered a month ago. Each forum would blow up with stupid questions and become much less useful.

DP himself gets angry when people criticize him on FT, yet he doesn't allow any critique on his blog; I find it amazingly hypocritical.
True about sometimes lazy questions being asked, there are times it can be frustrating. And someone should be politely pointed in the right direction.

Hypocritical definitely comes to mind on that last point!
Old Jul 24, 2014, 7:30 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
Apparently today's DP post HT'ed FT on today's post (I read that from TBB... I refuse to visit the site)

So apparently FT is good for something after all... Happy to know it continues to provide him with pretty much all his content!
Old Jul 24, 2014, 7:31 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
<duplicate post>

Last edited by freeloader; Jul 24, 2014 at 7:32 pm Reason: Duplicate
Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:56 am

Ridiculous hypocrisy.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by jpetekYXMD80
Ridiculous hypocrisy.
Indeed. DP must consider his readers to either have poor short term memory, or to be fools.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by 84fiero
Indeed. DP must consider his readers to either have poor short term memory, or to be fools.
Well, he expects them to come and go.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 9:01 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Excellent response by Canarsie:

http://www.flyertalk.com/the-gate/bl...%E2%80%9D.html
Old Jul 27, 2014, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by CMK10
It sure is ^
Old Jul 27, 2014, 2:05 pm

Well done indeed!
Old Jul 27, 2014, 9:33 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold, AA, DL
I thought the original post was ridiculous and, while I enjoyed reading the response, I was almost sorry anyone had to spend any time on it.

I am a relative new FT member who has come here with many questions. Most have been answered very promptly without attitude. Some have not been answered at all, which leads me to believe that either A) the answer was not known by anyone who read the question or B) my fellow forum readers, who owe me nothing since none of us is paid to be here, were doing something other than being online all night and didn't see the question at all.

Only once or twice have I thought a question (mine or someone else's) was answered with undue attitude. Once was the first time I attempted to use SDC on UA to maximize mileage. Perhaps it's true that the response I thought was a bit rude would not have been said to my face. That poster, however, is not a friend, nor is that poster an enemy: I know nothing about him or her. Perhaps that poster had a rough day and is otherwise very patient and giving. The bottom line is that, if I feel that a stranger may have slighted me a bit online, I put my big boy pants on and get over it.

I think some of the other points really tell the story for us. Too much jargon and abbreviation, or not enough effort to speak the language of the community? Unwelcoming to newbies or unwelcoming to newbies who demand too much or come with their own attitude? I think this is a great resource, although of course it is not perfect, and I am with those who hope DP will get stories from elsewhere if we're such disagreeable people.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 9:02 pm

Well if DP is correct, then I think this should be the new FT header on the front page of the website.

Old Jul 31, 2014, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
^^

This might start with being more open to accepting feedback, as I wrote here: feedback is a gift — whether it is positive or negative. Learn from it. Understand why it is being given to you. Think about what the person providing the feedback is actually saying — as well as how you [DeltaPoints] can improve as a result of that feedback.
Amen Canarsie!
Old Feb 11, 2015, 10:55 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Delta Points Writes for Elliott?

I think my head just exploded. This morning's Elliott blog features a guest post by Delta Points.

Elliott hates frequent flier programs and their high-fee cards. Delta Points is perhaps one of their biggest fans, an FFP professional.

Oil and water. I'd never thought I'd see them mix at all let alone merge and become one.

What hath Delta wrought?
Old Feb 11, 2015, 11:48 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Here is the post btw: http://elliott.org/advice-you-can-ta...b-delta-think/

Not the first time I have written for CE btw. He is a great consumer advocate! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.