Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

[Renés]Delta Points: The "funny" little things you should know [DP discussion merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Renés]Delta Points: The "funny" little things you should know [DP discussion merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2019, 12:00 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
These "upgrades" are probably done by the gate agent. If Y is oversold but F is not, then the gate agent has to op-up someone into F to prevent IDB due to Y being oversold. Now, when choosing who to op up, would you choose the kettle with the S fare? Or would you take care of the Diamond Medallion with the E fare? Keep in mind that the Diamond didn't make it to Diamond on E fares.
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 11:04 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by diburning
These "upgrades" are probably done by the gate agent. If Y is oversold but F is not, then the gate agent has to op-up someone into F to prevent IDB due to Y being oversold. Now, when choosing who to op up, would you choose the kettle with the S fare? Or would you take care of the Diamond Medallion with the E fare? Keep in mind that the Diamond didn't make it to Diamond on E fares.
That's possible but how often do you see a Delta flight with an empty upgrade list? Especially a major trunk route like JAX-ATL?
Old Jun 30, 2021, 6:04 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
It seems some sort of rebranding is afoot by Chris...

https://renespoints.boardingarea.com...m=BoardingArea

This is the last ever Rene’s Points post.

In just a few hours, I flip a switch.

But don’t freak out and get all sad. (Or celebrate, hah!)

I’m not turning the switch off.

On the contrary, in fact.

I’ll turn on a brand new name and site design. (No, the site won’t be called “Chris’ Points” 🙂 )
Old Jul 1, 2021, 1:56 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Since Renés Delta Points went to a happy place last night please continue to discuss its successor here: Eye of the Flyer

Regards Oliver2002
Mod EM&PR forum

Last edited by oliver2002; Jan 19, 2023 at 3:18 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.