New Canadian travel blog :)

Old Jun 23, 14, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Enough
New Canadian travel blog :)

Just to let y'all know, I have started a blog (today) that meshes finances with travel, and has a particular focus on Canadian travel.

http://www.dcta.ca
Old Jun 23, 14, 1:53 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Love the blog's name!
Old Jun 23, 14, 2:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan & Manufactured Spending

As this isn't specifically an Air Canada nor Aeroplan topic I've relocated the thread to the Blog forum which is more formally known as External Miles and Points Resources for further input.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Old Jun 24, 14, 2:52 am

We should bring up the new air canada "rouge". Air canada thinks it's going to bring back profitability, in fact it will take it more into the "red" I flew it last week and it was horrible. I have seen better local china airlines. I wrote air canada and they claim they are responding to demand for competitive leisure travel, at my convention in vegas everyone was talking about how they hated rouge. Uncomfortable seats, terrible service, no tv screens, no plugs, business class non existent, they call it "premiere" and take an economy 3 setter and put a pillow in the middle, what a joke!

Problem is air canada has committed to only using rouge on specific routes so we don't have much choice, west jet is becoming a better alternative!
Old Jun 24, 14, 3:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shragarosen View Post
We should bring up the new air canada "rouge". Air canada thinks it's going to bring back profitability, in fact it will take it more into the "red" I flew it last week and it was horrible. I have seen better local china airlines. I wrote air canada and they claim they are responding to demand for competitive leisure travel, at my convention in vegas everyone was talking about how they hated rouge. Uncomfortable seats, terrible service, no tv screens, no plugs, business class non existent, they call it "premiere" and take an economy 3 setter and put a pillow in the middle, what a joke!

Problem is air canada has committed to only using rouge on specific routes so we don't have much choice, west jet is becoming a better alternative!
Fortunately I have not yet flown Air Canada Rouge, so I can't really evaluate it right now. I will be doing some interesting investigative stuff soon though, so stay tuned!
Old Jun 24, 14, 5:05 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Oh dear, you made the canadian mint trick public...
Old Jun 24, 14, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
Oh dear, you made the canadian mint trick public...
I was the one who started it (in person in Ottawa) :P
Old Jun 24, 14, 11:07 pm

Added it to my feed reader, will link out to you in my roundup this Sunday as well. Goodluck, if I might make one suggestion I'd recommend changing your permalink setting and use the posts title instead of numbers.

Can't believe you guys can still use the mint over there. Goodluck with the blog.
Old Jun 25, 14, 12:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Doctor of Credit View Post
Added it to my feed reader, will link out to you in my roundup this Sunday as well. Goodluck, if I might make one suggestion I'd recommend changing your permalink setting and use the posts title instead of numbers.

Can't believe you guys can still use the mint over there. Goodluck with the blog.
Thank you! I have just implemented your suggestion

Search this Thread