Wiki Posts
Search

Boarding Area's Fall

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by 84fiero
True, although it might be close to a toss-up between TPOL and "Renes Points"
Touche. The latter I've fully repressed from my memory and consciousness.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 4:58 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Bloggers and credit card issuers in the US3 airline program space aren’t in the driver’s seat for the massive devaluation decision-making of any of the US3 airline programs.
And given that those programs have been devaluing for 4 or 5 years and the number if garbage Boarding Area blogs has increased in that time, devaluation of loyalty programs isn't discouraging the proliferation of garbage blogs.

I look forward to reading your comprehensive, definitive volume based on all your detailed insight on what has motivated changes in loyalty programs. Until then, Im going to stick by my well reasoned hypothesis regardless of your criticism. Thanks xoxohth.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 5:58 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Touche. The latter I've fully repressed from my memory and consciousness.
Sorry if I triggered any traumatic flashbacks!
RFDMinnesota likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Originally Posted by Adam1222
And given that those programs have been devaluing for 4 or 5 years and the number if garbage Boarding Area blogs has increased in that time, devaluation of loyalty programs isn't discouraging the proliferation of garbage blogs.

I look forward to reading your comprehensive, definitive volume based on all your detailed insight on what has motivated changes in loyalty programs. Until then, Im going to stick by my well reasoned hypothesis regardless of your criticism. Thanks xoxohth.
Why are all of your posts so damn smart!? Your answers are always so well reasoned and logical, almost in a formal sense. It’s impressive.

I’d wager your LSAT score was killer
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Maybe. But maybe this has causation confused as it's not clear these garbage blogs ever had anything to do with high value mileage programs. Blogs proliferated because of the growth of credit card marketing profiteering, encouraged by people like Randy, with no relationship to the actual value of frequent flier programs. Quantity over quality, blogs by people who have never leftthe lower 48 except one time using miles from a credit card signup, etc.
The credit card marketing model and the blogs pushing it to the masses who will never be frequent fliers is a factor in the devaluation of mileage programs, not vice versa . Some bloggers have made a living off of selling credit cards and helped kill the benefits of frequent flying.
Alllll of this. Hard to say it better. Perhaps impossible.
KDS777 likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:41 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

Blaming bloggers and credit card issuers for airline management's decisions to massively devalue an airline loyalty program is anything but an example of a well-reasoned hypothesis or conclusion.

The bloggers and credit card issuers in this space jumped into the cart for the trip led by a horse and horse-rider/jockey/driver that were leading the program devaluation show. The owners/managers of the airlines/airline programs are the party with ultimate responsibility for the massive program devaluations which have repeatedly hit consumers in the airline loyalty program space.

The US3 airlines' programs have been massively devalued in ways that bloggers and credit card issuers couldn't and didn't stop. And yet some want to scapegoat those coat-tail-/cart-riders for the actions of the bad horse/jockey. Go figure, but there doesn't seem to be anything well-reasoned about wanting to point the finger of blame for such massive devaluations at figures other than those most directly responsible for the massive program devaluations in the US.

Unsound and invalid hypotheses and conclusions don't impress me.

Last edited by GUWonder; Nov 8, 2017 at 2:47 am
Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota
Why are all of your posts so damn smart!? Your answers are always so well reasoned and logical, almost in a formal sense. It’s impressive.

I’d wager your LSAT score was killer
Thanks. Let's say it got the job done.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:32 am

Blaming bloggers and credit card issuers for airline management's decisions to massively devalue an airline loyalty program is anything but an example of a well-reasoned hypothesis or conclusion.

The bloggers and credit card issuers in this space jumped into the cart for the trip led by a horse and horse-rider/jockey/driver that were leading the program devaluation show. The owners/managers of the airlines/airline programs are the party with ultimate responsibility for the massive program devaluations which have repeatedly hit consumers in the airline loyalty program space.

The US3 airlines' programs have been massively devalued in ways that bloggers and credit card issuers couldn't and didn't stop. And yet some want to scapegoat those coat-tail-/cart-riders for the actions of the bad horse/jockey. Go figure, but there doesn't seem to be anything well-reasoned about wanting to point the finger of blame for such massive devaluations at figures other than those most directly responsible for the massive program devaluations in the US.

Unsound and invalid hypotheses and conclusions don't impress me.
Cool. Now care to address the factual point that blogs have continued to grow though programs have been devaluing for at least 5 years?

I think it's possible to have competing hypotheses without being belittling and derisive. <shrug> So you're Brad Pitt....

Last edited by Adam1222; Nov 8, 2017 at 4:38 am
Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:49 am
Suspended

Cool. Now care to address the factual point that blogs have continued to grow though programs have been devaluing for at least 5 years?

I think it's possible to have competing hypotheses without being belittling and derisive. <shrug> So you're Brad Pitt....

The barriers to entry in the blogosphere are so low and the potential consumers for blogs and airline loyalty programs so numerous that blog growth taking place shouldn't be a surprise -- even for those blogs whose quality has declined over time.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 5:38 am

The barriers to entry in the blogosphere are so low and the potential consumers for blogs and airline loyalty programs so numerous that blog growth taking place shouldn't be a surprise -- even for those blogs whose quality has declined over time.
The potential consumers for airline loyalty programs is so big? But you said airlines are evil devaluers. You're not a consumer of an airline loyalty program if you buy some credit cards from Randy, Inc., and then come on here after your sign up bonus posts and are shocked that you cannot get 4 business class tickets to Hawaii for Christmas week even though <random deceptive Boarding Area credit card salesman> said you could travel for freeeeee.

Sounds like someone is blaming airlines for unscrupulous credit card marketers, House of Miles businessmen, and poor quality writing. Or something. I'm not sure if you're actually defending Boarding Area bloggers or just being disagreeable.

That don't impress me much. Hope your eyes don't get stuck in the back of your head.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 5:44 am
Suspended

I'm not sure if you're actually defending Boarding Area bloggers or just being disagreeable.
Great that you’re not sure, as for me it’s simply neither of the above.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 5:55 am

Great that you’re not sure, as for me it’s simply neither of the above.
Have a great day sweetie.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 9:23 am

Oh so you'll continue reading my posts on frequent miler then? Sorry, couldn't resist.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 9:26 am

I'm not going to pretend that my food descriptions are real quality. They aren't intended to be. I blog while I'm traveling and hope the pictures tell the story. The point is to have a quick recap of what I drank and ate. I couldn't spend hours detailing the texture of the cheese. That's not the objective of the blog. It's a guide for people like me who go into a city for two days and don't want to read lonely planet. And if read chronologically to tell a story of the whole trip from cover to cover.
Lack and r m a h like this.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by thepointsoflife
I'm not going to pretend that my food descriptions are real quality. They aren't intended to be. I blog while I'm traveling and hope the pictures tell the story. The point is to have a quick recap of what I drank and ate. I couldn't spend hours detailing the texture of the cheese. That's not the objective of the blog. It's a guide for people like me who go into a city for two days and don't want to read lonely planet. And if read chronologically to tell a story of the whole trip from cover to cover.
Goes to Peru and writes an article on "where to eat in Cusco" and covers his meal eating pizza and nachos.

How is a guide for people? Explain this? I gave your blog an honest chance. Someone asked you if kids were free when going to Machu Picchu and you replied:

"No idea but let me advise you of the terrible insect bites from going up there without bug spray. Itching for weeks so make sure the kids are covered up. "

Last edited by Astrophsx; Nov 9, 2017 at 9:42 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.