Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boarding Area's Fall

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2014, 1:08 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Today I just clicked on the big German flag out of boredom and ended up on ' You Have Been Upgraded' in German, which reads like someone cranked up Google translate, typed up a few paragraphs in German that reads very weird and then pasted all the images s/he made during the trip.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 7:01 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You must have missed his posts here on FT where he just posts a link to his (very annoying) blog.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 11:45 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
FlyerTalker techgirl just started a BA blog:

http://jetsettershomestead.boardinga...g-area-family/

I've known Jen for over a decade. She's a real BIS road warrior. Looking forward to seeing if she has an actual Very Frequent Business Traveler spin, rather than a 'look what I got (and you could get!) for free!' spin.

Last edited by kokonutz; Jun 30, 2014 at 11:58 am
Old Jun 30, 2014, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by kokonutz

I've known Jen for over a decade. She's a real BIS road warrior. Looking forward to seeing if she has an actual Very Frequent Business Traveler spin, rather than a 'look what I got (and you could get!) for free!' spin.
She'll be lost in the morass of BA.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

She's a real BIS road warrior. Looking forward to seeing if she has an actual Very Frequent Business Traveler spin, rather than a 'look what I got (and you could get!) for free!' spin.
looking at blog she also pays for some luxury travel that one cannot get via award
Old Jun 30, 2014, 2:37 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
looking at blog she also pays for some luxury travel that one cannot get via award
Yes, and that alone may set her blog apart from the fat wallet points and miles bloggers.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 3:01 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
I wonder how long it'll be until she's forced to throw some cards around.
Willing to read her stuff as long as it's not littered by "ads"
Old Jun 30, 2014, 3:41 pm

+1

Definitely willing to give Jen the benefit of the doubt. If the blog is as good as her periodic insights on Facebook about her travels, it will be worth reading.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 3:45 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite

Cool, I'm willing to give her blog a shot in that case.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 4:05 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Adding new blogs has certainly helpped traffic:
http://siteanalytics.compete.com/boa...c=uv&months=12

In the end UVs and page impressions is what counts in this business. And makes it an interesting asset to have.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Numbers still seem a bit odd. They show 181k unique US visitors so probably global total of 250k.

I get 96k monthly uniques for my little blog - http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/Headforpoints.com
Old Jul 3, 2014, 5:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by f0xx
I wonder how long it'll be until she's forced to throw some cards around.
What makes you believe that anyone is "forced" to produce any content? Some people like the cash income they receive for pushing the CCs; that's a choice they make. No one forces it on them.
Originally Posted by oliver2002
In the end UVs and page impressions is what counts in this business. And makes it an interesting asset to have.
Very different if you're the aggregator or the aggregatee. :-:
Old Jul 6, 2014, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
I respectfully disagree - having QUALITY UV's and page impressions is what matters.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 1:22 am

Well, you have to seed the site with some good stuff to retain quality UVs, they are certainly doing that.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 12:31 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by lwildernorva
Points, Miles, and Martinis managed to have an article about an email received from BA on the Chase BA card trumpeting that there's a 10% discount for holders of the card on BA flights--as if it were a new, limited time benefit instead of a benefit that has continuously been in effect ever since I got the card in April 2011 (although admittedly BA places a deadline at the end of each calendar year that has now been extended three times to the end of the following year).

Way to be on top of the basics. . .
Is Points, Miles, and Martinis better than the Points, Miles, and Maitais blog? Just curious as I would like to add my blog, Miles, Points, and Margaritas!! to BA.

I was going to call it Points, Miles, and Macadamias!! but I heard a rumor United is switching from macadamias to peanuts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.