Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boarding Area's Fall

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2014, 1:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by sbm12
PMM decided to just lift photos and most of the text from a post at AirwaysNews.com for this morning's post about AA's 787.
Good news is they finally pulled the post, 6 hours later.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
I wasn't going to get into the "candy" merits here. Life is short.

But, since you brought it up, yes, of course, and I'm also well aware that there's been a fair bit of on-line and Flyer Talk chatter about the kiosk questions versus the blue form questions versus (shudder) the actual law. More to the point, the US Customs FAQ page says, "You must declare all food products," and that's in red type. Did I mention the red type? Ok then.

Too bad typing stuff in red has never made anyone right, ever. Anyway, I've never had the patience for that sort of debate generally, let alone when Global Entry can be revoked on a whim. So we've always just made sure that we throw any remaining food items away on the plane before landing. Including candy.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 4:36 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum/1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sbm12
Actually the kiosk asks if you have fruits, vegetables, meat or dairy products, not "food."
Have the kiosk questions changed yet again? The original kiosk question was like you stated. Then about a year ago, it changed to include the generic "food" question:

See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trust...bout-food.html

This change resulted in everyone getting a "O" on your GE slip if you answered YES to the food question. I have not heard/seen that the kiosk question has reverted back to the original wording,
Old Nov 2, 2014, 1:45 pm

Programs: United, SPG
If anyone is interested, I built a site called TravelMore that aggregates all the BA, F2B, TPG, MMS, etc posts and ranks the top 10 posts everyday based on reader votes. Filters out all the junk and in 1 click you can see if there is anything important to read. I used to use Feedly but there was too much repetition or just blatant CC ads.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 2:20 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by onesweetworld
If anyone is interested, I built a site called TravelMore that aggregates all the BA, F2B, TPG, MMS, etc posts and ranks the top 10 posts everyday based on reader votes. Filters out all the junk and in 1 click you can see if there is anything important to read. I used to use Feedly but there was too much repetition or just blatant CC ads.
Sweet! Thanks.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by kokonutz
Sweet! Thanks.
No problem. I just launched it last week. If you have any feedback or feature requests for how to make it better, please let me know.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
How are you filtering the blogs/topics? (I was morbidly curious and searched for some of my own content since I saw other P2B blogs but didn't find any using search... always curious if it's a tagging issue or what else.)
Old Nov 2, 2014, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by techgirl
How are you filtering the blogs/topics? (I was morbidly curious and searched for some of my own content since I saw other P2B blogs but didn't find any using search... always curious if it's a tagging issue or what else.)
So I started this last week and am still ironing out some of the bugs, so it is just me just manually posting the content from a RSS feed for now. I am working towards RSS automation so everyone's post from BA, F2B, P2B, etc will all automatically post in real time. If I ever miss your post (sometimes happens since there are a lot), you can always sign up and manually post it for the time being.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 10:58 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Copa Pres. Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold
Well done!

I actually had almost the exact same idea, but I'm glad someone else actually had the technical know-how and the motivation to see it through!
Old Nov 10, 2014, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by kokonutz
That and The Flying Hockey Stick.

Curiosity and flying. Pretty much sums me up!
My 3 year old loves you for making this post.

He insists on me reading it to him every night since I ordered it from Amazon because of your post.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 6:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I am working towards RSS automation so everyone's post from BA, F2B, P2B, etc will all automatically post in real time.
1) The automation can be very easy, depending on the platform you're using as the base of the site. I have similar already in production on hack.travel.

2) If you're just going to post everything that is posted on those sites then what is the value proposition? Why would someone use you as an aggregator when there are so many other ways to just subscribe to the main feeds?
Old Nov 11, 2014, 12:54 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by ctownflyer
My 3 year old loves you for making this post.

He insists on me reading it to him every night since I ordered it from Amazon because of your post.
It's a wonderful book, and you are a wonderful parent for sharing it with your son. ^
Old Nov 11, 2014, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Ham Samich
I wonder if anyone on BA will blog about 500 free SPG points for updating your "my stay preferences"
Old Nov 12, 2014, 12:14 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Lobster fetishism

Is there a secret SEO reason behind VFTW posting photos of lobster thermidor and other dishes not available on British Airways (to accompany yesterday's post on BA starting to take advance meal orders) and following up today with a very similar set of photos of lobster dishes that are unsurprisingly not available on US Airways (to illustrate a post on that airline's meals)?
Old Nov 12, 2014, 12:36 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Copyright issues probably, finding images that you have permission to use is time consuming.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.