Search

Boarding Area's Fall

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2014, 10:59 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cruisr
poor salesperson
I'm not programmed to feel sympathy for car salespeople, but in this case I have to agree. Maybe at least some will refuse to sign off on test drives that aren't.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Dough Points post about switching to AA is hilarious... Just wow
Old Oct 26, 2014, 1:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota
Dough Points post about switching to AA is hilarious... Just wow
Did you even read the post? http://deltapoints.boardingarea.com/...oughts-switch/
Old Oct 26, 2014, 4:29 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by Delta Points
Well you got me to click!

A FOUR part trip report on a visit to COS!?

Oh my.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 4:58 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
I don't think I would make a judgment from just one trip, and would wait until the new AAdvantage is revealed to really round it out. I do agree in some areas as far as the DL hard and soft products and customer service being better than AA, in my experience anyway.

That said, I think the differences between any of the domestics will dwindle over time due to the consolidation - all other things being equal.

I think an airline's FFP is still a factor though. It will be interesting to see what becomes of AAdvantage - supposedly we'll find out fairly soon.

You lost me on the credit card/lounge though - if you value the complimentary +1 for bringing in the wife, seems like the point would go to AA on that item - not that it's a deal breaker though, I guess.

Personally, and I know I'm likely in the minority, I really like ORD and despise ATL. Something about ATL just doesn't jibe with me and though ORD is plenty flawed, I guess I have become so accustomed to it that it's like driving an old clunker - it's my old clunker and it's just comfortable to me.

But...the idea that the Delta Points blog would ever come close to recommending folks jump ship to another airline is as likely as the Harlem Globetrotters losing a game...so there wasn't really much suspense in reading the post.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 6:21 pm

Programs: SQ
Delta Points is just waiting until Delta removes the AMEX waiver and no longer has any status. It's not like he does much flying besides MRs
Old Oct 27, 2014, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
Delta Points is just waiting until Delta removes the AMEX waiver and no longer has any status. It's not like he does much flying besides MRs
"But wait! There's more!…"
Old Oct 27, 2014, 12:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota
"But wait! There's more!…"
You mean like today's post where I tell how many Skymiles I have? http://deltapoints.boardingarea.com/...reading-lines/
Old Oct 28, 2014, 6:19 pm

You mean like today's post where I tell how many Skymiles I have? http://deltapoints.boardingarea.com/...reading-lines/
So you basically have enough to fly to Des Moines on a Wednesday in January?
Old Oct 29, 2014, 1:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by 84fiero
So you basically have enough to fly to Des Moines on a Wednesday in January?
Wednesday was all booked up. But Thursday worked!
Old Oct 30, 2014, 10:00 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
So, moving right along.

Sometimes I hate myself. I really do. Today I actually clicked on Gary's post "Don't Lose Your Global Entry Privileges by Making This One Simple Mistake." Silly me. Why, oh why, do I click on such obvious click bait?

And, on the merits, who the heck doesn't know that ALL food, including candy, has to be declared? This is news? I don't know about elsewhere, but here in DFW land the CBP folks have little beagles that go up and down sniffing for food!
Old Oct 30, 2014, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by FallenPlat
So, moving right along.

Sometimes I hate myself. I really do. Today I actually clicked on Gary's post "Don't Lose Your Global Entry Privileges by Making This One Simple Mistake." Silly me. Why, oh why, do I click on such obvious click bait?

And, on the merits, who the heck doesn't know that ALL food, including candy, has to be declared? This is news? I don't know about elsewhere, but here in DFW land the CBP folks have little beagles that go up and down sniffing for food!
Yeah the requirement isn't to only declare healthy food. I've always declared food even if it's just chocolate and other snacks. I never knew anyone was confused about it.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 10:36 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Why, oh why, do I click on such obvious click bait?
...because it works.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 10:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

And, of course, there's the part where every time I've spoken to an agent they tell me not to declare the granola bars in my bag. The question asked on the kiosk is very different from the question asked on the blue forms.
Originally Posted by 84fiero
Yeah the requirement isn't to only declare healthy food. I've always declared food even if it's just chocolate and other snacks. I never knew anyone was confused about it.
Actually the kiosk asks if you have fruits, vegetables, meat or dairy products, not "food."

PMM decided to just lift photos and most of the text from a post at AirwaysNews.com for this morning's post about AA's 787.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 1:00 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by sbm12
And, of course, there's the part where every time I've spoken to an agent they tell me not to declare the granola bars in my bag. The question asked on the kiosk is very different from the question asked on the blue forms.

Actually the kiosk asks if you have fruits, vegetables, meat or dairy products, not "food."

Yep. Which is why that post and Gary's advice that flowed from it made no sense to me.

<shrug>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.