FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   External Miles and Points Resources (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/external-miles-points-resources-723/)
-   -   Delta Points Had to Change Logo (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/external-miles-points-resources/1584503-delta-points-had-change-logo.html)

100orBust Jun 11, 2014 6:38 am

Delta Points Had to Change Logo

Interesting- Delta Points blog had to add 'Rene's Delta Points' to the logo. From talking with a friend at DL it sounds like they were upset he was coming across as being a Delta sponsored blog.

Renes Points Jun 11, 2014 7:06 am

For the record Tyler, you are wrong again, as no one from Delta has asked me to do anything about my logo. They did, a while back, request I add what you see to the left in the about me part for FT. I was happy to add that.

100orBust Jun 11, 2014 7:14 am

Sorry Rene, but I trust my friend's word more.

MileageUpdate Jun 11, 2014 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by 100orBust (Post 23015763)
Sorry Rene, but I trust my friend's word more.

Ouch

84fiero Jun 11, 2014 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by Delta Points (Post 23015714)
For the record Tyler, you are wrong again, as no one from Delta has asked me to do anything about my logo. They did, a while back, request I add what you see to the left in the about me part for FT. I was happy to add that.

I wonder why Delta didn't ask other FT members with "Delta" in their name to add the same disclaimer?

Speaking of disclaimers, is the lengthy DP disclaimer driven in part by Delta requests? Just curious as it seems even more "legalese-y" than others on BA...

Renes Points Jun 11, 2014 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by 84fiero (Post 23019239)
Speaking of disclaimers, is the lengthy DP disclaimer driven in part by Delta requests? Just curious as it seems even more "legalese-y" than others on BA...

Again nothing to do with Delta. Recommend to me as wording to use as a CC affiliate.

As a side point, I was ahead of the curve as you may have noticed those who AMEX kept have needed to add a disclaimer at the start of EVERY post with AMEX in them.

kokonutz Jun 11, 2014 6:19 pm

Can someone post a photo of the old and new logo?

I don't think I've ever visited that blog (or if I did I wasnt paying much attention) and am curious.

Renes Points Jun 11, 2014 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by kokonutz (Post 23019676)
Can someone post a photo of the old and new logo?

I don't think I've ever visited that blog (or if I did I wasnt paying much attention) and am curious.

What's your IP and I will remind you when you visited last ;)

kokonutz Jun 11, 2014 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by Delta Points (Post 23019692)

I just visited before I posted to look at the new logo. But I have no idea what the old one looked like.

Renes Points Jun 11, 2014 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by kokonutz (Post 23019804)
I just visited before I posted to look at the new logo. But I have no idea what the old one looked like.

Same logo. Just added my name Rene. Working on the brand Rene.

Think Bono or Elvis or Prince :D

hobo13 Jun 11, 2014 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by Delta Points (Post 23019847)

Think Bono or Elvis or Prince :D

Or Jeff.....

Renes Points Jun 11, 2014 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by hobo13 (Post 23019864)
Or Jeff.....

Oh, that... is low... :mad:

[you do know he is no longer with SkyPiles but is now enhancing SkyPubs]

itsaboutthejourney Jun 11, 2014 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by Delta Points (Post 23019692)

creeeeeepy

freeloader Jun 11, 2014 8:27 pm

From the site's disclaimer -

"The opinions expressed in this site ... under no circumstances should be considered as suggestions or advice or a course of action to be taken by the read."

So don't do what I tell you... Actually that's the best advice on the blog.

oliver2002 Jun 12, 2014 12:54 am

Since points were made and taken on both sides, I suppose the thread has run its course.

Regards Oliver2002
Mod EM&PR