View from the Wing [VFTW] discussions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

View from the Wing [VFTW] discussions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2017, 6:20 am

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
super tone deaf article from the though leader yesterday on NYC putting homeless ppl in hotels. nice to see some ppl call him out in the comments

some of his better quotes include "The Radisson JFK always struck me as likely around the upper range of what most homeless shelters are like" and suggesting the homeless "save up collecting cans in the airport and buy the cheapest changeable business class ticket possible and eat free for a year like this guy did, and even have access to complimentary showers."
Old Apr 29, 2017, 10:19 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by freeloader
super tone deaf article from the though leader yesterday on NYC putting homeless ppl in hotels. nice to see some ppl call him out in the comments

some of his better quotes include "The Radisson JFK always struck me as likely around the upper range of what most homeless shelters are like" and suggesting the homeless "save up collecting cans in the airport and buy the cheapest changeable business class ticket possible and eat free for a year like this guy did, and even have access to complimentary showers."

I saw the headline and cringed. Whatever one thinks of Gary's views on airlines, he should steer away from commentary on social welfare policy.

one can hope that his post makes people realize how ludicrous it is to rant about the great injustice of Amex Platinum business rewards changing
Old Apr 30, 2017, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by Adam1222
I saw the headline and cringed.
It's all about getting clicks, especially toward the end of the month.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
I saw the headline and cringed. Whatever one thinks of Gary's views on airlines, he should steer away from commentary on social welfare policy.

one can hope that his post makes people realize how ludicrous it is to rant about the great injustice of Amex Platinum business rewards changing
^^
Old May 1, 2017, 6:12 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by JetAway
It's all about getting clicks, especially toward the end of the month.
And apparently (according to a Facebook post) VFTW won the google seo game by using 'naked lady' in a headline.
Old May 1, 2017, 8:55 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by JetAway
especially toward the end of the month.
Old wives' tale.
Old May 1, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by ctownflyer
Old wives' tale.
Naked wives?
Old May 1, 2017, 9:53 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by 84fiero
Naked wives?
#Clickbait
Old May 2, 2017, 12:57 pm

Despicable post about potential new Hilton credit card. Not only is it an ad with very little content, Gary has the nerve to claim he has interest as a credit card "consumer", which is at best a deceptive statement from a credit card salesman. Reminds me of the Hair Club for men commercials, although there the salesman acknowledged his financial interest in addition to his "customer" status.
Old May 5, 2017, 10:23 am

And now Gary is endorsing Matthew Klimt/Live and Let's Fly bragging about buying AA tickets he has no intent to use so they can have shorter lines at LAX and then canceling them.

Despicable. This is why airlines don't like consumers.
Old May 5, 2017, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
And now Gary is endorsing Matthew Klimt/Live and Let's Fly bragging about buying AA tickets he has no intent to use so they can have shorter lines at LAX and then canceling them.

Despicable. This is why airlines don't like consumers.
Somebody has been reading one of SFO777's most recent trip reports. I've known about the "best kept secret at LAX" going back even further, and I don't even fly out of LAX routinely. Somehow, after SFO777 mentioned it, now everyone is acting like they discovered it all by themselves...

As usual, follow FT and you'll know about these things well before the bloggers do.
Old May 7, 2017, 10:47 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
SFO777 has been a proponent of T8-TBIT with AA tickets for ages...
Old May 7, 2017, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by oliver2002
SFO777 has been a proponent of T8-TBIT with AA tickets for ages...
Which is not what I was referring to; I was referring to the TBIT "secret" security checkpoint. Apologies if I did not make that clear in my post.
Old May 24, 2017, 4:29 pm

I just read Gary's article on the TSA posted today. I was curious about the "95% of the dangerous items taken through the checkpoint" referenced in his article. I clicked it thinking it was the original source... takes me to another article of Gary's that then uses another link that looks like it is the original source... which then takes you to another article about Gary! After 3 clicks you finally get to the original source (an ABC website).

When he is paid as an expert witness does he cite himself?
Old Jun 26, 2017, 1:31 am

Calling yourself a thought leader is like putting on your Tinder profile, "Hay everybody, I'm really, really good in bed; trust meeeeeee".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.