Search

BA Bloggers Starting to Run Out of Content

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2014, 8:33 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gpapadop
I started drinking heavily when I started my blog
Cause or effect (i.e. which came first)?
Old Sep 22, 2014, 9:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by sbm12
I can assure you several were written with a bit of "help" in this regard.
I suppose the creative juices flow better when under the influence... think Janis Joplin?
Old Sep 22, 2014, 11:21 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by stackm
I am not sure if Gary is a drinker, but it's possible this post was simply written after too many cocktails.

Might be an interesting thread: Drunken posts from a BA blogger (lounge, hotel bar, on plane).
Well he did do the Patrick Stewart check and a cocktail thing instead of dumping ice water on his head for the ALS ice bucket challenge. Maybe he wrote it after that.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by pricesquire
I highly, highly doubt BA is mandating ANYTHING as far as posts per day/week/month/year.

What I do think may be the case is: some sort of internal, subconscious competition between bloggers. I.E. Blogger #1 thinks to himself: "OMAAT posts X times per day. If I want space on the Front Page of BA, I better get posting!"...then, Blogger #2 does the same, and so forth.

When one blogger sees another constantly on the front page of BA, I can't help but to think their reaction is: "better start posting!!"
I've never been given a quota or guided as to posting activity by Randy or anyone @ BA. But there is quite a bit of truth to the your comment about being motivated to post when you don't see something on the main page.....
Old Sep 25, 2014, 9:16 pm

It seems like half of the smaller BA blogs just repost stuff from Buzzfeed or have a Buzzfeed type format ("Top 10 ways to cook food in your hotel room!").
Old Sep 25, 2014, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
But there is quite a bit of truth to the your comment about being motivated to post when you don't see something on the main page.....
Stop fretting about that. No one looks at the main page of BA. It's generally unreadable since the re-design.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by kokonutz
Stop fretting about that. No one looks at the main page of BA. It's generally unreadable since the re-design.
Its more of a personal thing than a motivator to 'compete' for screen space.

It's interesting that you say that no one looks at the main page. I notice when I watch my real time analytics that my page hits get a huge spike when my post hits the BA main page. It lasts for about 20 minutes and then settles into a normal 'pulse' of hits. With the BA site, it scans and imports a new post ever 20 minutes I believe. so there are times that my post hits twitter etc, immediately, but the page spike doesnt happen until it is shows on BA.com at some point later.

Last edited by LufthansaFlyer; Sep 25, 2014 at 11:00 pm
Old Sep 26, 2014, 1:37 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
Its more of a personal thing than a motivator to 'compete' for screen space.
No one competes with you at http://boardingarea.de/
Old Sep 26, 2014, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
No one competes with you at http://boardingarea.de/
Kind of a monopoly aren't I.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 8:07 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Shouldn't the site be called http://LufthansaFlyer.de?
Old Sep 26, 2014, 9:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I still get a decent chunk of traffic from the front page. That hasn't really changed one way or the other for me since the redesign. This suggests to me that plenty of people are still reading it.
Originally Posted by dr88
It seems like half of the smaller BA blogs just repost stuff from Buzzfeed or have a Buzzfeed type format ("Top 10 ways to cook food in your hotel room!").
Those headlines drive clicks. I hate them and generally don't use them, but they do work.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I only ever look at the home page of BA. Ric and Gary are the only people I read by default and have bookmarked. A post does not exist to me if it is not on there!
Old Sep 26, 2014, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
I only ever look at the home page of BA. Ric and Gary are the only people I read by default and have bookmarked. A post does not exist to me if it is not on there!
Is there a feature where one can reduce the size of the boxes or get just a list of headlines? Particularly on mobile devices?
Old Sep 26, 2014, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Shouldn't the site be called http://LufthansaFlyer.de?
thats not a bad idea!
Old Sep 26, 2014, 11:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Is there a feature where one can reduce the size of the boxes or get just a list of headlines? Particularly on mobile devices?
Nope. Well, an RSS reader app would get you headlines and content and skip most of the ads, but nothing if you visit the site natively.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.