Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

Barclays Lufthansa Miles and More card

Old Apr 30, 14, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Did they just up their commission or something?

That seems to be the only post each blog has today.
Old Apr 30, 14, 11:02 am

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
A quick scan of boarding area shows 2 bloggers pimping the 40k usairways deal, so maybe all the Barclay cards got a bump.
Old Apr 30, 14, 2:33 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Occasionally Barclays bumps the signup bonus for the M&M card from 35 to 50k. The affiliate bonus seems to be quite good too, the M&M 50k is of fairly limited use to most though.
Old Apr 30, 14, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern View Post
Did they just up their commission or something?

That seems to be the only post each blog has today.
The deal went from 35k > 50k.

What's perplexing is the US Airways posts, it's been 40k for awhile now (at least since January) if you used a non affiliate link. It's now 40k if you use an affiliate link and all of a sudden it's the best deal since sliced bread.

There is also a link for 30k + 10k on anniversary with no annual fee for the first year (making it possible to get 40k miles. No affiliate commission). I posted about both offers awhile back.

I've had my comments removed from the Delta Points blog (and a few others) which mentioned the 30k + 10k offer. I'm not sure how you can promote the 40k offer which is going to cost your readers an extra $89 over the 30k + 10k offer and have any type of conscious. I guess loosing the amex + chase links is really hurting.
Old Apr 30, 14, 8:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by Doctor of Credit View Post
The deal went from 35k > 50k.

What's perplexing is the US Airways posts, it's been 40k for awhile now (at least since January) if you used a non affiliate link. It's now 40k if you use an affiliate link and all of a sudden it's the best deal since sliced bread.

There is also a link for 30k + 10k on anniversary with no annual fee for the first year (making it possible to get 40k miles. No affiliate commission). I posted about both offers awhile back.

I've had my comments removed from the Delta Points blog (and a few others) which mentioned the 30k + 10k offer. I'm not sure how you can promote the 40k offer which is going to cost your readers an extra $89 over the 30k + 10k offer and have any type of conscious. I guess loosing the amex + chase links is really hurting.
You are blocked on Delta Points from commenting. Your info, as is often the case, is wrong about the open offers.

BTW, your tag line is in breach of the updated FT rules.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/exter...may-4-651.html

Last edited by Renes Points; Apr 30, 14 at 9:04 pm
Old Apr 30, 14, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by Delta Points View Post
You are blocked on Delta Points from commenting. Your info, as is often the case, is wrong about the open offers.

BTW, your tag line is in breach of the updated FT rules.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/exter...may-4-651.html
The updated rules start May 4th, my signature will be compliant before then. How is my information incorrect? Have a look at this link: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...&cellNumber=58

Scroll to the terms & conditions and you'll find the following:

Bonus Dividend Miles: Thirty thousand (30,000) bonus miles will be awarded in the first billing cycle in which you have made a purchase or balance transfer (that is not later returned or rescinded). There is a fee for Balance Transfers.

Anniversary Bonus Miles: Beginning with the first anniversary of Account opening and every anniversary thereafter, Cardmembers will be awarded 10,000 Anniversary Miles. Anniversary miles will be reflected on the billing statement following payment of your Annual Fee, if applicable.
Under the annual fee section you'll find the following:

Premier World MasterCard: $89 (waived for the first year)
Platinum MasterCard: $89 (waived for the first year)
If you find information that is incorrect on my site, let me know and I'll happily change it. I've never not changed information when I've been informed it was incorrect. It'd be nice if you did the same and updated your post to reflect that their is a better offer available.
Old May 1, 14, 4:15 am

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
I suppose that since being kicked out (errrrr "withdrawing") from all other affiliate programs, it feels the need to protect what few links they still can pimp.

Sad that they'd sellout their readers like that, but hardly surprising given the history there
Old May 1, 14, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Mile Value reported that if you open a new LH account, you'll get 500 points. I can confirm that.
Old May 1, 14, 5:27 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by Doctor of Credit View Post
The updated rules start May 4th, my signature will be compliant before then. How is my information incorrect? Have a look at this link: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...&cellNumber=58

Scroll to the terms & conditions and you'll find the following:

Under the annual fee section you'll find the following:

If you find information that is incorrect on my site, let me know and I'll happily change it. I've never not changed information when I've been informed it was incorrect. It'd be nice if you did the same and updated your post to reflect that their is a better offer available.
No fireside chat for you!

Well, the latest darling of the CC pimping world is the limited time hurry hurry don't wait- amazing deal alert!! 60K Ink signup bonus. So the Barclays stuff will have to quiet down for a bit
Old May 2, 14, 5:37 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by dhammer53 View Post
Mile Value reported that if you open a new LH account, you'll get 500 points. I can confirm that.
Other esteemed bloggers also just happened to mention that opening a childrens account on M&Ms Jetfriends programme yield another 2000 point bonus and miles don't expire. I guess M&M saw a swell of signup from readers that were children at heart
Old May 3, 14, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
Other esteemed bloggers also just happened to mention that opening a childrens account on M&Ms Jetfriends programme yield another 2000 point bonus and miles don't expire. I guess M&M saw a swell of signup from readers that were children at heart
Can you confirm if M&M will combine family accounts?

dh

Search this Thread