Chicago Seminars October 17-19th, 2014

Old Jul 6, 2014, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: thehowieee
Print Wikipost

Chicago Seminars October 17-19th, 2014

Old Oct 20, 2014, 9:11 am

Programs: UA
Thank you to Howie, Sharon, Rick, all the volunteers and speakers that presented this past weekend. It was a wonderful weekend and I gain a wealth of knowledge! THANK YOU again!
Old Oct 20, 2014, 10:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Charity Raffle Results & a Thank You!!!

Hi there! Just wanted to report that Chicago Seminar Event attendees raised $8,500 for 3 great charities (Airline Ambassadors, Wounded Warriors, Captain Dahl Foundation).

A big THANK YOU to all who contributed! May you get a warm & fuzzy feeling from helping out 3 great orgs - and also a big smile on your face for those who contributed via mileage-earning credit cards when you see your monthly statement

As those who attended know, we had prizes big (146,000 IHG points, Chromebook laptops, Kindles, $300 gift certificate, 2-night stays in Vegas) & small (amenity kits, discount certs, upgrade certs, drink chits & club passes). We appreciate ALL the items donated to the raffle - and a big THANK YOU to those who donated items.

Also a big THANK YOU to the volunteers who helped me with either ticket sales, splitting/counting tickets or acting as my Vanna Whites in distributing the prizes.

I appreciate all who reacted kindly to my, so "how many raffle tickets would you like to buy spiel", and it was a great way for me to meet so many new people & also pass along some tips to those attending for the first time!

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Oct 20, 2014 at 11:16 am
Old Oct 20, 2014, 11:14 am

For those who are asking about meet up/get-togethers in their areas, you can check the "Community Buzz" forum (add it to your "My Flyertalk" list) to see if/when get-togethers in your area are planned - or if there are get-togethers where you'll be traveling or Dos elsewhere that you might like to attend.

Community Buzz Forum

Cheers.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 11:33 am

Captain Denny says THANKS to those who signed up for the "Just A Buck" promo that were entered in the Dreamliner model drawing.

If you've already signed up, great. If you haven't, just a reminder you need to do so as we were working on the honor system.

Cheers.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 11:43 am

Programs: AA, UAL, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
the hair was cool!

As for Chicagoland Do's (get-togethers), here are just a few that have happened:
(always take a gander at the Community Buzz forum to see latest meetings of Flyertalkers)
Thanks for the links/info Sweet Willie.... and for the compliments on the hair!
Old Oct 20, 2014, 1:26 pm

I concur with many people here. The seminar was awesome! I learned that I have a bunch to learn. All the speakers were friendly and informative. I think my favorite part was meeting Mr. Flannagan from United. I have seen him several times in the news and have always thought of him as a one of a kind person. I am looking forward to next year!
Old Oct 20, 2014, 1:35 pm

I have PM'd the 3 winners of charity raffle prizes to ask for their address so I can mail the prizes. Hopefully I'll hear from them soon. I didn't think my luggage would be heavier returning from the conference schlepping the prizes back than going to the conference

Cheers.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I have PM'd the 3 winners of charity raffle prizes to ask for their address so I can mail the prizes.
If you don't hear from them, please PM me for their address. Great job Sharon, once again.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 3:08 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by justbegreg
I'm in Chicago and would love to join a local group of Flyertalkers. What's the best way to follow?
For anyone interested in meeting other local Flyertalkers (or other FTers that happen to be visiting) the Community Buzz forum on FT is a great place to start this is the forum where locals post Do's (the Flyertalk term for a meeting/gathering). Link to CommunityBuzz forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/

As for being in the greater Chicagoland area, there is some more info in a post #397 of this thread that I made to another Chicagoland area FTer.

Lastly for those who are in the Milwaukee area, look at CommunityBuzz for a Do likely sometime in Nov prior to holiday.

--
Old Oct 20, 2014, 8:00 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Thanks to everyone who contributed to the meeting. I always learn new things every time I attend.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 7:22 am

Programs: AA, UAL, IHG, Marriott
Thanks again to the organizers of the event and the volunteers!

To those who've reached out via PM (and those I was mid-conversation with)... I'm not being rude, I swear. lol I hit the "you've reached the maximum PM's you can send each day" threshold and need to contribute more (or wait 24 hours) to respond. Bear with me please.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by aktchi
If you don't hear from them, please PM me for their address. Great job Sharon, once again.
Thanks. I've heard from 2 of the 3. Hopefully the last one will get back to me soon. Would rather do only one post office run.

Cheers.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Delta, HH, SPG, Marriott, IHG
Sweet Willie, looking forward to the Milwaukee DO!
Old Oct 26, 2014, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Captain Denny says THANKS to those who signed up for the "Just A Buck" promo that were entered in the Dreamliner model drawing.

If you've already signed up, great. If you haven't, just a reminder you need to do so as we were working on the honor system.

Cheers.
Hi Sharon,
I've tried about 10 times to donate on the site, without success. I keep getting an error message that PayPal can't verifiy the card (which is an Amex prepaid card). I will keep trying.

Also, thanks to you and the organizing group for another successful Chicago Seminars.

Last edited by znke252; Oct 26, 2014 at 5:59 pm Reason: Add info
Old Oct 26, 2014, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by znke252
Hi Sharon,
I've tried about 10 times to donate on the site, without success. I keep getting an error message that PayPal can't verifiy the card (which is an Amex prepaid card). I will keep trying.

Also, thanks to you and the organizing group for another successful Chicago Seminars.
If it's considered a gift card that might be the reason. Might be worth calling Paypal. And thank you so much for your contributing and being part of a fun informative weekend.

Cheers

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.