Print Wikipost

Chicago Seminars October 17-19th, 2014

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2014, 10:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by jerroranda
Is it too late to transfer?
Yes. The deadline was September 30th I think.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 1:04 pm

Is it too late

Originally Posted by s2spero
i have an extra ticket- who need it? not sure how to go about selling it. ill be there, my spouse won't...
Hi my work schedule finally changed to allow my attendance do you still have the ticket and is it not too late. Thanks Lynn
Old Oct 9, 2014, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Volunteers Needed Friday?

I will be arriving early on Friday, and would be glad to help out with registration or anywhere else I could lend a hand. Feel free to PM me. And thank you for organizing this event!
Old Oct 10, 2014, 9:39 am

question since this is a sold out event I am contemplating flying up and networking even though its too late to purchase a ticket. As I have never attended one of these events I am looking for guidance from you all. Do you think I would get anything out of the networking at the dinners and such to make it worth the flight and hotel
Old Oct 10, 2014, 10:23 am

Someone asked about prizes for the charity raffle. Some of the prizes include (but are not limited to):

* Mtg planner points for the seminar event donated by Howie; approximately 146,000 IHG points!
* 2 night stay, JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa
* 2 night stay, Las Vegas Marriott
* 2 night stay, Residence Inn Marriott Las Vegas Convention Center
* 1 night stay, Holiday Inn, Elk Grove Village, IL (Chicago)
* 1 Kindle Paperwhite e-reader (donated by DiscGolfFlyer)
* 2 Kindle e-readers
* 3 $15 Amazon gift cards
* Ear buds for airline travel
* 1 Year Premium ExpertFlyer subscription
* 1 KVS Tool Gift Certificate for 6 months of the Diamond-level membership
* 2 United Club passes (donated by alanro)

and much more! I’m still getting donations & will have an updated list at the seminar this weekend. For those who have been before, you know that things like systemwide upgrades, etc, often get donated during the event. Makes it crazy, but crazy fun & all for 3 great charities!

So warm up those credit cards & buy lots of charity raffle tickets! And if you have something you'd like to donate, please PM me!

Cheers.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, HH Diamond
Does anyone need a room at the host hotel for Fri & Sat nights? Its a 1 Queen Bed Executive non smoking room. I think the executive rooms come with a pull out bed?

If anyone wants it please PM asap - or I'll cancel. Rate is $84 / night plus tax.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 7:40 am

Unfortunately I cannot go this weekend :-( A little frustrating that the transfer cutoff was so early. Will somebody send me crib notes on Marathon Man's session, since I've paid but can't be there? :-)
Old Oct 13, 2014, 12:03 pm

Charity Raffle Ticket Pricing

Someone asked me about how many tickets for which $ donation, so here's the list. I tried to match exchange rates/values when figuring out tickets per spend. Obviously it's not an exact science, but close enough.

US/Canadian/Australian $$

1 Ticket for $5
3 Tickets for $10
7 Tickets for $20
18 Tickets for $50
30 Tickets for $75
43 Tickets for $100

Euro:

2 Tickets for 5 Euros
5 Tickets for 10 Euros
11 Tickets for 20 Euros
27 Tickets for 50 Euros
43 Tickets for 75 Euros
58 Tickets for 100 Euros

Great Britain Pound:

3 Tickets for 5 GBP
6 Tickets for 10 GBP
12 Tickets for 20 GBP
28 Tickets for 50 GBP
45 Tickets for 75 GBP
60 Tickets for 100 GBP

So warm up those credit cards or bring cash!!

Cheers.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GM (2013 Gold, 2014 Silver), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Anyone need a ride from downtown Chicago? I'll be leaving about 3:45 pm Friday. PM if interested.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 6:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Plat, PC Plat ambassador, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, UA Gold BW Diamond
RESTAURANT COUPON at host hotel

RESTAURANT COUPON - Find it on your IHG reservations page under, "Hotel Specific Offers " Take the restaurant receipt from attached restaurant to the front desk along with a print out of the coupon and get 1,000 points voucher.

Here is the fine print," Eat with us, earn 1,000 points. Earn 1,000 bonus IHG Rewards Club points when you dine with us at the hotel restaurant.*
You must print your offer at this time to validate it. Offer must be printed and presented to redeem.

Terms & Conditions
* Holiday Inn Chicago-Elk Grove is responsible for the advertised offer as well as the fulfillment. Present offer at check-in to redeem. Offer must be redeemed within 14 days of check-in date or prior to check-out, whichever comes first. Offer valid only at hotel operated restaurant(s). Minimum purchase of one full priced menu item. Must be an IHG Rewards Club member. Bonus points will be awarded in the form of an IHG Rewards Club Point Voucher. Limit one per stay. This offer can't be combined with other offers, promotions, or discounts. Gratuity not included. Void where prohibited. Contact hotel for additional details. IHG Rewards Club Global Membership terms & conditions apply.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 5:08 am

Programs: Enough
I'm getting so excited! I know it'll be all about MS, which I can't do, but am excited to meet fellow nutbars! :P
Old Oct 14, 2014, 8:42 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
bsalts, thanks for the tip on the coupon, I probably would have missed it.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 10:39 am

hdawg is donating two google chromebook laptops to the charity raffle, adding to the prize list! ^:-:

Cheers.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 10:51 am

I wanted to point out to those who haven't attended the Chicago Seminar Events before that 'hanging out' at the hotel's restaurant/bar on Friday & Saturday evenings after the sessions are done is a GREAT way to get to meet/know your fellow seminar attendees. ^

You can share tips and information, whether it's how to get an upgrade at hotel or airline, book fabulous award travel, or do tons of Vanilla reloads for manufactured spending (I still don't understand that last one, but I know lots of others do ).

Both the bar & the restaurant have tons of room, and it's a great place to learn & socialize while eating, drinking & being merry! Y'all didn't fly in from all over the place just to head back to your rooms early.

And if tradition continues, you'll get a chance to meet Cap'n Denny there too

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Oct 14, 2014 at 11:11 am
Old Oct 14, 2014, 11:10 am

Weather Forecast (all temps in Farenheit):

Friday:
High 63
Low 43
* 20mph winds so it will feel cooler that day/eve; cloudy

Saturday:
High 56
Low 38 (yikes!)
Partly cloudy

Sunday:
High 57
Low 41
Mostly cloudy

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Oct 14, 2014 at 12:11 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.