Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

Discussion about bloggers sharing AV LM 'tricks' [split off from LM F and J trick]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discussion about bloggers sharing AV LM 'tricks' [split off from LM F and J trick]

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2014, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by jorun
@yerffej201

Fuel dump and award tricks are always a risk and you have to accept the worse scenario.
If you booked a tricked route just because you want to pay less (money/miles) you should also accept the risk behind(denied boardin/cancellation etc..).
Sometimes you win and sometime you lose. This time you losed and you could just move on but you prefered to complain etc.. is it worhwhile?

how much money did you save in your previously trips? just be happy with this and next time if you lose, just accept it .

I paid 6€ my flight C2-C1 rt , and if I will have problems,I will just smile and go to home without complain. you should able to do the same with your future (tricked) trips.
no, award tickets should not be a risk, unlike fuel dumping.

Originally Posted by rankourabu
When I fly on an FD ticket, I know something may go wrong, like Jorun said - will I be filing a complaint if my $100 ticket to Europe gets cancelled, no.

I had to ditch a $330 FD ticket in January - did I try to call the airline to recover the funds, pay a change fee, attract attention to the FD.... no, because that would be stupid
nothing was supposed to go wrong with my ticket.

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
Well done young man. As someone said, you benefited immensely from the LM tricks, published some on your blog to generate traffic and dollars, and when you got caught at LAX, decided to bring the whole thing down instead of walking away and eating a paltry loss. May be you think squeaking to DOT or suing LM, if that is your strategy, will earn you a large compensation which will pay for free travel for you for the rest of your uni years, but almost everyone here feels what you have done is not kosher.
It is a shame you can't seem to see it.

PS Suddenly your free plug for your blog in the FT signature has disappeared. What happened? You worried many FTers will click through and complain about your behaviour on your blog???
benefitted immensely? = exaggerated statement with no justification
published some on my blog = wow, i got 4,500 views on my post, which means that's around $22.5 dollars in revenue. amazing.
bring the whole thing done? as i mentioned, i never expected these routes to be removed.

PS: Again, your thoughts are completely baseless and invalid due to hate and anger.
Old May 25, 2014, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by yerffej201
Not true and I strongly suggest you get your facts straight.
You posted it was $750 per person and 50,000 miles (pp?). Is that better and more factual?

I know it must have been hard to resist the urge to brag how you came out on top in this, if you somehow think that there is such a thing as privacy on the internet - you are a bigger fool than we all have you painted as.

as i mentioned, i never expected these routes to be removed..
What did you think was gonna happen?, the DOT or LM congratulate you on bringing it to their attention, and let it slide.

no, award tickets should not be a risk, unlike fuel dumping.
Then why did you ask in this forum if this ticket was ok?
You knew this violated cabotage (because you asked)
Old May 25, 2014, 7:02 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
I'm not even sure what this means or what game of semantics you are playing when you say you're ticket wasn't 'illegal'. The simple fact - and the one you don't want to admit seemingly in case someone is watching - is that you rocked up at the airport with a ticket which you knew beforehand violated cabotage regulations. You were advised to have a plan B, however your only plan B was the nuclear option.
Old May 25, 2014, 7:03 pm

You posted it was $750 per person and 50,000 miles (pp?). Is that better and more factual?
I know it must have been hard to resist the urge to brag how you came out on top in this, if you somehow think that there is such a thing as privacy on the internet - you are a bigger fool than we all have you painted as.
also not true. I'm flattered people hate me enough to go through all my online info though.

What did you think was gonna happen?, the DOT or LM congratulate you on bringing it to their attention, and let it slide.

Then why did you ask in this forum if this ticket was ok?
You knew this violated cabotage (because you asked)
i was unsure, and upon further investigation i was led to believe that this ticket was valid to travel upon confirmation from several sources.
what did i think was going to happen? that guam would be fixed, hopefully eva only.
Old May 25, 2014, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
You really don't get it.
Did you not brag about your compensation on your blackberry forum?

You have already been proven once to twist the truth. You claimed to not know the risks about the cabotage. The screenshot proves that you have "selective memory".

If my facts are wrong, by all means, correct me

are you <redacted by moderator> kidding me with your "Nothing was supposed to go wrong with my ticket" comment??? You tried to take advantage of a gap in the system and got caught. That can happen to any of us. Then making it a big issue is the problem that shows your selfishness, foolishness, myopia and general recklessness.

Why do you think that when you knowingly book a cabotage award ticket that there should be no risk?

You are digging a deeper and deeper hole with your stubborn shortsightedness. I know you are intelligent and educated (or at least trying to finish your college degree), but you have to work on your social skills and learn when to admit you screwed up.

We all screw up, we just don't all defend it so adamantly and try to cover it up with compromising the truth. As a blogger you should have realized that your reputation is all you got. And yours is taking a severe beating and you don't even realize it.

Last edited by l etoile; May 26, 2014 at 3:48 am Reason: Removed deleted quite, language
Old May 25, 2014, 7:07 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
you are still missing the point.
Noone is upset at you that you booked the ticket.

Its that when you got caught, you decided to bring everyone else down with you. Its the very definition of selfish.
+1000, couldn't have said it better myself.

C'mon, you've been around the block to know it was cabotage. As mentioned you asked about it. Plus, a screen-shot of a conversation you had discussing it was posted then removed by MODS.

If you missed that post before it was taken down does the OP have your permission to post it again?

Plus, even I commented that you were best to check-in online and not to see check-in agent.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

"Nothing was supposed to go wrong with my ticket"

Ever heard of a mechanical issue? Santa Ana winds reducing LAX flight ops? Typhoon in the South Pacific? Those are all things that can go wrong on ANY ticket. You have to be prepared for just about anything to happen. What if the plane was oversold and they had IDB'd you? Even if you check in online, any of those situations can cause someone to take a long look at a ticket. And it is long established that ignorance of the law is not an excuse for breaking it. We know you have to stonewall everything at this point as people adjudicating your maneuver might be reading, and you've already made that mistake of opening your mouth too wide before to your own disadvantage. Heck, they probably are. I hope they are.
Old May 25, 2014, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
what did i think was going to happen? that guam would be fixed, hopefully eva only.

So now you admit that you knew your actions would fix GUM and you did it anyway?

You are very quickly evolving to become the Steve Bartman of Flyertalk. If you don't know who Steve Bartman was, google "Steve Bartman, Chicago Cubs".

ETA... I'll make it easy for you since this happend in 2003 and you were probably not even 10 years old then:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Bartman_incident

Last edited by Deltahater; May 25, 2014 at 7:12 pm Reason: added link
Old May 25, 2014, 7:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
Enough said
Old May 25, 2014, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by Deltahater
You are very quickly evolving to become the Steve Bartman of Flyertalk. If you don't know who Steve Bartman was, google "Steve Bartman, Chicago Cubs".
More of a Jeff Maier
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Maier
Old May 25, 2014, 7:29 pm

Programs: LH HON, EK Plat, QR Plat, TK EP
Mate, seriously, facepalm. Or this:
Old May 25, 2014, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by CzeSEN
Mate, seriously, facepalm.
Old May 25, 2014, 7:50 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Cabotage? What cabotage?

Old May 25, 2014, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
...nothing was supposed to go wrong with my ticket...
OMG. I am truly embarrassed to be a Canadian.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.