Reload this Page >

One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
The dude outdid himself in posting the mother of all click bait posts...About him flying with his idol and never revealing who he is....So many idiots commenting....pageviews=$$$$
Old Nov 23, 2017, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by gpapadop
The dude outdid himself in posting the mother of all click bait posts...About him flying with his idol and never revealing who he is....So many idiots commenting....pageviews=$$$$
Do people actually care who is idol is? That in itself is pretty funny. Let me know when you find out as I don’t want to give him any more clicks.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 7:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by cruisr
Do people actually care who is idol is? That in itself is pretty funny. Let me know when you find out as I don’t want to give him any more clicks.
Happy to help:

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...lebrity-crush/

It is a great post. Sad there were so many haters. It was a really fun read for those who know Ben.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 9:50 pm

Does this top his Hello Kitty fixation? Maybe I don't get it, but this doesn't seem normal. A 27 year old acting like an 9 year old girl? I feel like if Gary Leff were to start gushing about the latest 18 yr old Disney actress and how the airline put a photo of said actress next to his seat people would be calling this type of behavior out. I have to say that it is interesting how Ben's fan base not only finds the behavior normal, they really celebrate it. I often see references to Hello Kitty and Shawn Mendes in the comment section. At the end of the day it's Ben's blog and if I don't like certain content I have the choice to skip it. I think I find it more puzzling the comments he gets encouraging the behavior and sometimes egging him on.
gpapadop and cruisr like this.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 7:49 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by Renes Points
Happy to help:

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...lebrity-crush/

It is a great post. Sad there were so many haters. It was a really fun read for those who know Ben.
I would have been just as excited about Nick Jonas, so I can't fault him too much.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 11:14 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by Renes Points
It is a great post. .
Few agree:

Update: I always appreciate constructive criticism, and in this case it’s clear I was wrong, based on the number of comments. I can promise my intention with not giving the celebrity’s name wasn’t to be clickbaity, but rather I felt like it would be creepy to share who it was. Then again, maybe I shouldn’t have written the post at all, though I can only blame my excitement at the time. Since just about everyone seems to disagree with me, and since he was indeed on a commercial flight between two major airports, I’ll share. It wasn’t Shawn Mendes, because I said “one of my biggest” and not “the biggest.” It was Nick Jonas. Sorry again… I’ll do better next time.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 3:21 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
Nice he post a mea culpa....

it is funny (creepy?) how some people can be such fan boys that they can't admit that anything Ben writes isnt the most wonderful thing in the world. It's doubly funny if those ppl are over the age of 40
Old Nov 24, 2017, 3:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by freeloader
...they can't admit that anything Ben writes isnt the most wonderful thing in the world..
You see examples of that in this thread?
Old Nov 24, 2017, 5:44 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by JonNYC
You see examples of that in this thread?
I don’t. But I also don’t know everyone’s age — not that it would matter even if I did.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 7:00 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
At least when I used to read it regularly, OMAAT had a number of regular posters who were definite fanboys/fangirls that would sometimes attack any naysayers. Not that Ben is the only blog with fanboys/girls or that having a devoted following is bad from the blog point of view.

Of course OMAAT had (has?) some trolls too like Credit and Frank I think was another. As do other blogs.

I didn't read every comment but it seems mostly unanimous in being negative or at best neutral which at least Ben responded to.

I don't get excited about celebrities to where I would've cared personally but whatever floats someone's boat.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Sorry, never understood the fixation with celebrities. They put on the pants, one leg at a time, same as everybody. I actually worked in an industry where I came in contact with many. Some, I had no idea who they were and could care less. In 2004 I came home after meeting with a very nice guy named Hugh Jackman. No clue who he was but was told he was a movie star. I don’t care who people are as long as they are respectful and nice. I don’t fawn or get awed.

came home and asked my son if he heard of this guy I met today. I said his name was Hugh Jackman. He was like, “You met Wolverine” I said. “I guess I did”

Who cares. If they are nice and easy to work with and not prima donnas, that’s all I care about. I’m sure some of Ben’s fan boys would pass out if they were to meet him. I just don’t understand it,
Old Nov 25, 2017, 6:12 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
So, who is Nick Jonas?

It's Ben's blog and he can post what he wants at the end of the day. But to have the balls to post something so childish like this and NOT reveal the celebrity, to me at least, is even worse than the Kickstarter post. But I have to admit...I clicked on it, boo me!

I remember Frank....

I think Rene should delete "Full Time" from his "Full Time Blogger" referencing of himself, sad!
Old Nov 25, 2017, 10:10 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
I think René should delete "Full Time" from his "Full Time Blogger" referencing of himself
Thanks for being a long time loyal blog reader George! ^
Old Nov 25, 2017, 11:53 am

So, who is Nick Jonas?

It's Ben's blog and he can post what he wants at the end of the day. But to have the balls to post something so childish like this and NOT reveal the celebrity, to me at least, is even worse than the Kickstarter post. But I have to admit...I clicked on it, boo me!

I remember Frank....

I think Rene should delete "Full Time" from his "Full Time Blogger" referencing of himself, sad!
I don't think anything tops the Kickstarter campaign, not even bringing Ford on as a writer.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by Astrophsx
I don't think anything tops the Kickstarter campaign, not even bringing Ford on as a writer.
The Kickstarter campaign. WOW-what a debacle. I still remember it. I personally went from a fan to a skeptic. Although I think Ben also learned a valuable lesson from that escapade. At least I hope he did.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.