Reload this Page >

One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2015, 9:18 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Priority Pass. Got easier to access. Click on my Citi Prestige and my Amex Platinum and Amex Platinum Business cards. Managed to lay out 7 cc affiliated links in a short post. Just wow
Old Oct 16, 2015, 2:57 pm

Programs: IAMAW Local 368/HAL 2 Star Mariner
Originally Posted by kokonutz
I thought you were kidding! No such luck.

I must not get the joke or something but is there a reason "lucky" posted a picture of their dirty laundry all over the floor in a hotel room on a travel blog? Is this an innuendo? If so, it's not really appetizing. All I see is a mess that has to be cleaned up, laundry that has to be done, and luggage that needs to be packed up before they go back to the airport.

Perhaps that is just because messiness and clutter are two of my biggest pet peeves.

-LPDAL

Last edited by LPDAL; Oct 16, 2015 at 3:04 pm
Old Oct 19, 2015, 12:02 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by LPDAL
I must not get the joke or something but is there a reason "lucky" posted a picture of their dirty laundry all over the floor in a hotel room on a travel blog? Is this an innuendo? If so, it's not really appetizing. All I see is a mess that has to be cleaned up, laundry that has to be done, and luggage that needs to be packed up before they go back to the airport.

Perhaps that is just because messiness and clutter are two of my biggest pet peeves.

-LPDAL
It was discussed both in Lucky's post and here. I think the ruling here was that it was staged and/or made to look like some shenanigans happened.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
It's gone ....

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...t-travel-free/
Old Oct 20, 2015, 2:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Raffles
Not really. https://web.archive.org/web/20150727...t-travel-free/

But the decision to remove the post from the site is an interesting one.

Last edited by sbm12; Oct 20, 2015 at 2:54 pm
Old Oct 20, 2015, 4:16 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by sbm12

I tried to do the same thing but it kept timing out.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12

Well when you start dating the guy that wrote the article*

*joke
Old Oct 21, 2015, 10:11 am

Programs: IAMAW Local 368/HAL 2 Star Mariner
Originally Posted by skunker
It was discussed both in Lucky's post and here. I think the ruling here was that it was staged and/or made to look like some shenanigans happened.
I know it was discussed here, I wouldn't have posted if I had determined some objective conclusion from a picture of someone's dirty underwear strewn throughout a hotel suite.

Writing from a trip reporter's perspective, without reading the article that the photo I quoted was from, it is just strange. I have posted some strange traits and other literary devices in my own reports which may well have weirded some folks out, but never to the extent of implying I slept with someone. [I'm not sure what the point of that is, anyway. People do "that" all the time, hence why billions of us inhabit this planet.]

To me, it seems, that this is a way to generate clicks. Clicks are money (along with referrals and advertising), so that does make sense to me. Still, I wouldn't include such...content like that even in my own reports. Then again, my income isn't derived from advertising or affiliate marketing, so that is moot anyway. TRs for me are for fun, not for profit.

-LPDAL

Last edited by LPDAL; Oct 21, 2015 at 10:19 am
Old Oct 26, 2015, 4:40 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Can't believe no one linked this yet:

10 Things I’ve Learned From Dating A Miles & Points Geek

My take is that it's a bit insipid. For example:

The A380 rules all

Prior to meeting Ben I didn’t know what an A380 was. Having now flown one, I can say that it offers by far the most luxurious cabin configuration when it comes to business and first class – from suites to showers to fully flat and wide beds. It’s remarkably quiet as well.
So you've flown one and you can say it has the most luxurious cabin configuration?
Old Oct 26, 2015, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMK10

So you've flown one and you can say it has the most luxurious cabin configuration?
Saw that first lesson, and didn't bother going further.

Content is king! Except when it's crappy. Just shows that Ben wants the absolute noob, who has no idea what's going on. Because they don't have a ton of credit cards yet.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by CMK10

Extremely insipid. Maybe his boyfriend told him to say that or maybe the BF told him that and he is just parroting it back. I'm not even going to bother clicking on the link. Don't go there anymore at all.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 5:32 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by cruisr
Extremely insipid. Maybe his boyfriend told him to say that or maybe the BF told him that and he is just parroting it back. I'm not even going to bother clicking on the link. Don't go there anymore at all.
I clicked. I regret.

Personally, I want a sugar daddy that flies me private.

Now there's a blog post worth reading!

Or a novel. 50 Shades of GVI.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 5:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by kokonutz
I clicked. I regret.

Personally, I want a sugar daddy that flies me private.

Now there's a blog post worth reading!

Or a novel. 50 Shades of GVI.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 5:06 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by josephstern
Just shows that Ben wants the absolute noob, who has no idea what's going on. Because they don't have a ton of credit cards yet.
Bingo. According to an old Titan "It's all about conversions"
Old Oct 27, 2015, 6:13 am

I think it's a huge mistake to bring your personal life into your business (blog). It's akin to an actor "breaking character" in that you become a different personality than what many imagined. That can be good or bad. Better to keep them guessing "who" you are and concentrate on the business at hand. Now that Lucky has made Ford a personality on his blog what happens if things "don't work out"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.