Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > External Miles and Points Resources
Reload this Page >

One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

Old Jul 25, 2017, 9:50 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by 84fiero
Today's post of the "10 best cards this month" had nary a mention of the 75K Prestige offer. I wonder if it will suddenly make the cut after non-TPG affiliate links go live after the first of August?
I don't bet. Only when I am assured of winning. This is one such bet
Old Aug 10, 2017, 1:49 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
The flight attendant's comment not withstanding, it's fairly obvious that that meal is not actually a "lobster roll." Why is Lucky pretending like he doesn't know better?
itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 4:03 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by iadisgreat
The flight attendant's comment not withstanding, it's fairly obvious that that meal is not actually a "lobster roll." Why is Lucky pretending like he doesn't know better?
It is completely obvious to Lucky and everyone else that the meal is not actually a "lobster roll".
But you're giving AA (and U.S carriers in general) too much credit if you think they'd never market a turd as a golden nugget.

In this case, indeed he was just served the wrong thing and lied to. But I couldn't tell you in honesty that if they presented soggy lobster on two pieces of bread that I'd automatically know I wasn't getting what AA is calling a "Lobster Roll".
Old Aug 11, 2017, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by joecool1885
It is completely obvious to Lucky and everyone else that the meal is not actually a "lobster roll".
But you're giving AA (and U.S carriers in general) too much credit if you think they'd never market a turd as a golden nugget.

In this case, indeed he was just served the wrong thing and lied to. But I couldn't tell you in honesty that if they presented soggy lobster on two pieces of bread that I'd automatically know I wasn't getting what AA is calling a "Lobster Roll".
There's a difference between a random once a year flier not being able to tell and a very well read (on FT no less) blogger who has most certainly seen photos in the meal thread of the lobster roll. No question.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 4:43 pm

There's a difference between a random once a year flier not being able to tell and a very well read (on FT no less) blogger who has most certainly seen photos in the meal thread of the lobster roll. No question.
A random, once a year flier will probably accept that as their lobster roll because they wouldn't know any better or what to do about it after the fact. I'm glad Lucky shamed AA with their nonsense. The meal, the explanation, and the audacity of the flight crew to serve that to a premium cabin customer as a 'lobster roll' is astonishing and should be addressed and corrected. Without public shaming, companies seldom make improvements to their poor behaviors nowadays. I'm sure that joke will never find its way to a premium cabin flier's dinner plate again, hopefully.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
A random, once a year flier will probably accept that as their lobster roll because they wouldn't know any better or what to do about it after the fact. I'm glad Lucky shamed AA with their nonsense. The meal, the explanation, and the audacity of the flight crew to serve that to a premium cabin customer as a 'lobster roll' is astonishing and should be addressed and corrected. Without public shaming, companies seldom make improvements to their poor behaviors nowadays. I'm sure that joke will never find its way to a premium cabin flier's dinner plate again, hopefully.
I think you're missing my point. It has nothing to do with the "public shaming," it has to do with the faux "this is what they call a lobster roll?" routine.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 5:43 pm

I think you're missing my point. It has nothing to do with the "public shaming," it has to do with the faux "this is what they call a lobster roll?" routine.
...but they did call it a lobster roll, didn't they?
Old Aug 11, 2017, 5:49 pm

...but they did call it a lobster roll, didn't they?
Again, the point is missed.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 7:33 pm

Again, the point is missed.
Indeed!
Old Aug 12, 2017, 9:31 am

Like most of Lucky's reviews, can you truly extrapolate based on one experience?

No trusted restaurant reviewer would base their article on one visit to a restaurant.

I know a flight or a hotel stay is more substantive than one meal at a restaurant, but it's still a fairly anecdotal experience that isn't likely to be 100% representative of what the next consumer of that product should expect.
kokonutz and cruisr like this.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 10:16 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The hard product won't change... and we all know that crew quality and your own perception can vary wildly.
JonNYC likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 8:08 pm

Just saw this on my FB feed: http://www.thisisinsider.com/a-passe...buffer-dessert

Lol
Old Aug 14, 2017, 9:04 pm

The meal, the explanation, and the audacity of the flight crew to serve that to a premium cabin customer as a 'lobster roll' is astonishing and should be addressed and corrected. Without public shaming, companies seldom make improvements to their poor behaviors nowadays. I'm sure that joke will never find its way to a premium cabin flier's dinner plate again, hopefully.
^^

There's also the dietary/allergen problem: the lobster roll as described on the menu cannot be reasonably expected to contain cheese.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Wonder how much the cert he will probably be getting from AA will be for. I hope if he does receive one he will know you can't use it multiple times as he has previously done with a UA cert.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 12:25 pm

One thing that made me wonder while reading his post, was that he still has ExPlat Status. I guess he just quit writing about his AA flights as long as nothing noteworthy happend.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.