Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Expert Hotel Reviews
Reload this Page >

Staybridge Suites Denver - Highlands Ranch

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2022, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold, Princess Elite

Staybridge Suites Denver South - Highlands Ranch

1 Review | 100% Recommended

8211 Southpark Circle Littleton, Colorado US 80120

Staybridge Suites Denver - Highlands Ranch (9 Photos)

I recently traveled to Denver to see a couple of shows at Red Rocks, and I stayed at this Staybridge during my four-night visit. My usual hotel for Red Rocks shows is the TownePlace further west, but at the time of booking, I favored an IHG property and decided to give this one a try. 

Booking

I booked this hotel using a combination of IHG points and the fourth reward night free benefit from my IHG Premier card.  During a quiet IHG fare sale just before my stay, I was able to re-book my reservation at 20k points per night, with a total of 60k for the stay (average 15k/night with my free night).  Prior to this sale, I was seeing prices of about 27k-43k per night for the nights I was there.

stayb.png

Check In

Check-in was quick and painless. The front desk attendant thanked me for being a Platinum IHG One member and quickly handed over my room keys.   I was not given or offered an upgrade, and I didn't ask for one at check-in, so I don't know if it would have been an option.  My welcome points were added to my account almost immediately. .

Room

I stayed in Room 421, a studio suite on the top floor of the property.

signal-2022-09-05-174422_002.jpeg

The room was equipped with a small kitchenette (no oven), which served my needs.  There was no table for dining, but there is a desk and workspace with office chair that can serve as a table for one.

signal-2022-09-05-174422_004.jpeg

The living area was spacious and comfortable. The television offered standard DirecTV service, but no streaming/internet capabilities like some other hotel brands have.

signal-2022-09-05-174422_005.jpeg

The queen sized bed was comfortable and offered four pillows, two firm and two soft.

signal-2022-09-05-174422_006.jpeg

This room faced east, so I was not treated to the amazing views of the Front Range that western-facing rooms would have had.  The windows did not open.

signal-2022-09-05-174422_008.jpeg

The bathroom area had a pass-through sink/vanity area with a closet.  A soap dispenser was provided with Dove soap products, which was kind to my hands in the dry Denver climate.

signal-2022-09-05-174422_010.jpeg

The shower had decent water pressure and a good amount of heat.  Again, more dispensers of Dove products were provided, but I didn't try any of these.

signal-2022-09-05-174422_009.jpeg

The closet was adequate with a decent number of hangers.  The laundry basket is for use at the on-site laundrette, which I did not use during my stay.

signal-2022-09-05-174422_003.jpeg

Dining

Free breakfast was offered, but I did not partake so can't comment on its quality or selection.

Located near the intersection of C-470 and Santa Fe, this location is very convenient to anywhere you want to be in the Southwest Metro area of Denver.  Getting to Red Rocks took me about 45 minutes on surface streets and would have been even faster on C-470.  The Littleton Mineral light rail station is just up the road for easy transport into Denver, and to the south there are tons of dining options just a few minutes away in Highlands Ranch.  Downtown Littleton is also a short drive away, offering a cute main street area with boutiques and restaurants.  You will need a car at this location, as the area is not walkable or served by public transportation.

Overall

I enjoyed this property and would stay here again.  There were a few minor touches that I enjoy about Marriott's very similar Residence Inn product that I missed--e.g. a dedicated dining table/counter, ability to crack the windows (may not be brand-wide, but has been an option in recent stays I've had at Marriott properties), and more flexible TV options--that would lead me to consider trying the Residence Inn across the street the next time.   But these are very minor and nitpicky things that didn't impact my stay meaningfully.  I would recommend this property to anyone who has a reason to be in the southwest part of Denver for a few days, and who prioritizes having the option to have quiet meals in the room over the utmost luxury. 

Would you like to write a review on the Staybridge Suites Denver South - Highlands Ranch?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.