Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Expert Hotel Reviews
Reload this Page >

Hyatt House Scottsdale/Old Town - Good Location

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2020, 1:38 pm
Suspended
Original Poster
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hyatt House Scottsdale/Old Town

1 Review | 100% Recommended

4245 N. Drinkwater Blvd. Scottsdale, AZ US 85251

Hyatt House Scottsdale/Old Town - Good Location (3 Photos)

We stayed at Hyatt House Scottsdale/Old Town for one night during our holiday trip to Arizona in 2019/2020 holiday period.  At that time, I was looking at good location to be within walking distance to Scottsdale towntown area.  There are only two Hyatt properties near Scottsdale/Old Town area.  Both Hyatt House and Hyatt Place are close to each other in the same area.

Check In

We took our car to the hotel.  The hotel itself is a group of several building complex.  The check-in desk is located at the building at the entrance.  There is a separate parking area just for check-in parking.  The parking space was very crowded.

Room

We were upgraded at check-in to a two bedroom suite on second floor.  The building is located at the back of the property.

Guests park car at the unassigned parking space in front of the building.  As a budget type property, there is no bell service.  Guests take care of own luggage.  

The room is spacious.  There is a big TV.  Do not remember if there is any fireplace.

But the guest room has an odd layout.  The second bedroom is small.  There is no separate sitting area for the main room (bedroom).  The beds, sofa and chairs all show the lower quality of budget type hotel.  Carpet, door hardware and bathroom all show their ages.  

Service

As a budget style hotel, there was not much service.  The check-in desk was adequate and upgraded our room to two bedroom suite.  

The staff at breakfast room did a good job to keep up with the food and the cleaning.  

Dining

This is the good part of staying in this hotel.  Morning breakfast is included as standard for all Hyatt House stays.  

The breakfast was full breakfast with bacon, sausage, egg etc.  The breakfast staff kept the breakfast plates full.  We did not have any issues with good running out.

Free breakfast was very popular.  The dining room was very crowded.

IMG_3592.jpg

I like the dry fruits they offered.  Very tasty.

The hotel is located at the Southeast side of Scottsdale Old Town.  It is fairly convenient to visit most of the part of Scottsdale Old Town area on foot. 

IMG_3590.jpg

IMG_3591.jpg

Overall

Hyatt House Scottsdale/Old Town was a Hyatt category 2 property.  It requires 8,000 redemption points.  It seems its redemption value has been increased to category 3 that requires 12,000 points.  Since we also booked Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch, I just wanted to try this property for one night for easy access to Old Town area.

At 8,000 points, this hotel seems a good redemption value to easy access to Old Town.  But at 12,000 points, I'll probably look at other properties, even other brands.  There are so many options at Scottsdale area.

Would you like to write a review on the Hyatt House Scottsdale/Old Town?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.