Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Expert Hotel Reviews
Reload this Page >

A short stay at the Mandarin Oriental Singapore with a view!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2020, 4:37 pm
Moderator: SAS
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)

Mandarin Oriental, Singapore

Map| 2 Reviews | 100% Recommended

5 Raffles Avenue Marina Square Singapore, SG 039797

A short stay at the Mandarin Oriental Singapore with a view! (15 Photos)

Introduction

For a short night layover with my flight on my way from Zurich to Hong I decided to try out the Mandarin Oriental, located directly at the Marina Bay, because when in Singapore, even if it's just for 16 hours, at least get a room with a good view of the Marina!

IMG_8954.jpg

If you've read any of my reviews you know I really like cool architecture and stylish internal design and decor.

3_IMG_8953.jpg

Check In

I took a taxi from the airport to the hotel, which took approximately 30 to 40 minutes. Since the hotel is only a few meters from a train station taking the train from the airport is also an option.

The staff at the entrance were really friendly and helpful and the check-In was completed briskly.

1_IMG_9046.jpg

Room

As mentioned in the introduction, the main reason I got a room at the Mandarin Oriental is because of the view over the Marina. The room is decently sized offers all the expected ammenities, a pretty new high quality TV, a minibar, a little armchair with ottoman to read and relax in next to the window, a nice spaceous office table with a great ergonomic chair (something I find lacking in many hotels), a good sized wardrobe and a nice spaceous bathroom. Although the window from the bathroom, which allows you to see out over the beds and onto the marina, but it also allows you to look from the bed into the bathroom, is a little odd at first.

IMG_8961.jpg

IMG_8962.jpg

But the real star of the room was the view (*cue awesome music*):

1_DSC_0150.jpg

1_DSC_0163.jpg

*girly scream of excitement*

As mentioned the hotel is located right next to the Marina Bay, with the Marina Bay Sands and the Bay Gardens within walking distancde. There is a pier with boat tours right in front of the hotel, and the city center is a short taxi ride or a walk away. I can definetly recommend to visit the Long Bar in the Raffles.

Dining

For dining I decided to try the cantonese restaurant. The ambience is nice and the service is good and the food was quite tasty! At the next table there was a big group of what seemed chinese girls having a birthday party and I even got some cake when I gifted them some of the Swiss chocolate we always carry with us to gift to people we meet!

IMG_9059.jpg

While the dinner was good, the real cullinary highlight of the Mandarin Oriental Singapore is its breakfast Buffet. It's huge and offers everything you could dream of! There's so much food available it's hard to put in to words, so I'm gonna let the pictures speak for themselves:

IMG_9091.jpgIMG_9092.jpgIMG_9093.jpgIMG_9095.jpgIMG_9097.jpg

Having Curry for breakfast is something I never knew I needed in my life.

IMG_9098.jpg1_IMG_9099.jpg

Simply put: It's awesome.

Overall

The Mandarin Oriental in Singapore is one of the best hotels available in Singapore to spend your nights. The hotel comes with an awesome breakfast buffet and if you pick a room with a view, you get a view that can hardly be beaten.

I'm definetly coming back and checking out their Lounge offerings in my next stay.

Would you like to write a review on the Mandarin Oriental, Singapore?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.