FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Expert Hotel Reviews (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/expert-hotel-reviews-734/)
-   -   Homewood Suites - Palo Alto, CA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/expert-hotel-reviews/2011079-homewood-suites-palo-alto-ca.html)

goldmedallionflyer Mar 1, 2020 9:34 am

Homewood Suites - Palo Alto, CA

Introduction Definitely a property I hope to stay at again whenever I can catch a room under our company's rate cap. Check In Digital key checkin was a breeze, and allowed me to access the underground parking upon arrival. I also like to carry a hard key as a backup to my phone, so I stopped by the front desk to be greeted by two very cheery staff.Parking is a bit limited at the main level, so you'll want to take advantage of the underground parking. Gated access helps ensure it's another guest in the area when returning late at night. The elevator was openly visible, and not stuffed into a hidden corner like many properties I visit. Well lit garage with decently wide parking slots. Multiple handicap spots close to the elevator for those who need it. Room My room was on the top floor, back side away from the street, and overlooking the courtyard area. Nice and quiet. A ceiling fan over the bed was bonus, though it took a bit to find the controller hidden by the nightstand lamp's oversized shade. The bed was quite comfy, and the selection of pillows made it easy to find the perfect one for my preference. I like the oversize shower and that it was sectioned off from the vanity sink area - perfect for when travelling with a second person. Dining Breakfast was excellent each day, and included fried eggs over medium on Tuesday's spread. Can't say I've ever had this option before - but I defeintely hope to find it again somewhere. Coffee was decent, and what you would expect from a caraffe at most any restaurant. The waffle maker looked clean, but I didn't use it. Didn't have opportunity to check out the evening reception thanks to working late each night Location Convenient for business trips to Tesla, Google, and when visiting the nearby college campus. There is a bit of construction in the area, so plan ahead when timing your morning commute.I found it convenient to stop in at Whole Foods to stock the fridge, and there are several restaurants within a short distance.If you're looking to include brewery visits as part of your adventure, this may not be the hotel for you unless you Uber/Lyft. I spent most of my evenings in the Santa Clara area where there's a better pub/beer scene that what's currently happening in Palo Alto and Mountain View, and traffic was a bit of a pain commuting south in the evenings after work. Not an issue if you're not into this - but at least you know what to expect. One interesting thing is you'll need to flip a U-turn when accessing southbound. The light at the U-turn location has a mind of its own