Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Expert Hotel Reviews
Reload this Page >

Two Hilton Properties Next to Each Other, South is Newer Building with Pool

Old Feb 8, 20, 3:07 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Various hotel loyalty programs

Hilton Garden Inn Jalan Tuanku South

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman Chow Kit Kuala Lumpur, MY 50100

Two Hilton Properties Next to Each Other, South is Newer Building with Pool (2 Photos)

Hilton has two properties on the same street. One is Jalan Tuanku North (aka A), and the other is Jalan Tuanku South (aka B). The main reason to stay in the South building is if you want to use the rooftop pool. The North building has a small gym, and the South has the pool. Using the pool and having to walk back and forth between the two buildings would be a major hassle, so choose accordingly. At night, the pool is closed, and the rooftop becomes a bar. Luckily, the music doesn't seep through to the rooms.

For whatever reason, breakfast at the North tower was better than breakfast at the South tower, perhaps because staff at the North tower are more experienced.

Room rates at the South are sometimes cheaper than the North, so if you are looking to get Hilton Honors program points, you may want to stay at the South longer to rack up points. Weekend rates are usually higher than weekday rates. (February 2020) 

Check In

As with all Hiltons, I suggest checking in on the app. There is no executive lounge here, so everyone checks in at the lobby. I saw two desks to assist guests. 

Dining

Breakfast was average, and I would not pay for it out of pocket. The main highlight was the fresh fruit, which would include watermelon, melon, pineapple, and sometimes papaya. Coffee and tea were offered, but neither was very good. (I bought and brought my own tea, Boh brand, with me, and no one bothered me.) 

1_fullsizeoutput_437f.jpeg

Room

Rooms here, compared to the North building, are newer. However, newer does not necessarily mean better. If you are getting an upgrade as a Hilton Honors Gold member and above, the North building is better for upgrades. If you are getting a standard room, then the South location might be better.

Service

Service was good overall, but one of the staff members wouldn't enter my credit card manually. She kept trying to use the chip, which wouldn't work. When the chip doesn't work, you can enter a credit card manually, but she seemed not to know this--even after I specifically told her the chip didn't work. (Sigh.) Except for this one incident, I didn't have any issues. Check out was smooth.

If you are coming on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, there is an excellent night market around the corner (the Durian Cendol stand was the best one, IMHO). However, on all other days, there is nothing of note around you. People will tell you to visit the Chow Kit Market, but I did not find it interesting at all unless you're really into cheap knockoff products. A 7-Eleven is nearby the hotel and within walking distance, which is very convenient for buying water.

1_lK3camvJR4O1Si79UXdrNA.jpg

Would you like to write a review on the Hilton Garden Inn Jalan Tuanku South?

No, thank you.
Yes
hotel_user likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: