FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Expert Hotel Reviews (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/expert-hotel-reviews-734/)
-   -   Embassy Suites by Hilton Seattle Downtown Pioneer Square (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/expert-hotel-reviews/2004669-embassy-suites-hilton-seattle-downtown-pioneer-square.html)

Maglev Jan 16, 2020 11:45 am

Embassy Suites by Hilton Seattle Downtown Pioneer Square

Introduction * Review:I have stayed at this hotel twice, connecting both to and from Amtrak's Coast Starlight. We have another hotel where we stay for airline connections. Check In The check-in process was fairly quick and efficient. Room Both times, I stayed in a Corner Water View Studio. The views of the city and Elliott Bay are very nice. Some of the rooms face the building next door and have no view.The room was well-equipped, althlough there was no night stand on one side of the bed (it was too close to the wall). The HVAC was somewhat noisy, but effective.The artwork is a bit obnoxious. I found the pictures of a locomotive in the bathrooms with an unlikely 6-6-0 wheel arrangement to be particularly perplexing. Service We had a rather odd experience when we entered the hotel. I do not travel light by train, and had a suitcase with pillows and blankets as well as a cooler in addition to my normal luggage. As we came through the door, there was a fellow seated inside who looked like a hotel employee and I asked if he was the bellman and if he could help with our luggage. He just laughed at us! In hindsight, I guess he was the valet, but he could have communicated politely. Dining There is a 24-hour restaurant, "13 Coins," located in the hotel. They also provide room-service for the hotel. The food is good to excellent, and the menu is quite extensive.The breakfast served by the hotel was very good. I am not a fan of Embassy Suite's omelettes, as I find them to be very greasy. Location This is a great location if you are traveling by train or going to an event at Century Link Field (football and soccer) or T-Mobile Field (baseball). The hotel entrance is right outside the Amtrak station, and just a block from the Link light rail line International District station. The stadiums are within a block or two. Amenities The 24-hour sundry and snack shop consists of a couple shelves and a cooler in a corner of the lobby, but it had the pain reliever my wife needed after an accident on the train...(I share details here so that others may avoid this also. We had a Bedroom on the train, which has a folding chair on one side of the room. Before I climbed into the upper berth, I folded up the chair seat to give us more floor space. Well, in the dark, my wife went to lean on the chair and instead fell with her shoulder hitting the very sharp corner of the table support where there is a cup holder. We had plenty of ice in our cooler for a cold compress, and she was lucky to not hit her face or head. But I felt responsible for not pointing out that I had modified the room.) Overall The presence of this hotel and restaurant ups the ante for Seattle as a world-class city in terms of its transportation and entertainment hubs.