Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Expert Hotel Reviews
Reload this Page >

Sankara - The Best Hotel Experience in Japan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2019, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ANA Diamond

Sankara - The Best Hotel Experience in Japan (0 Photo)

Check In

The check in process really begins at the airport, where you are picked up by your butler. The person who picks you up at the airport will be with you for the entirety of your stay, so be sure to put down your preferences when you first book your room (ie: Preferred language).

During this van ride your butler will most likely ask you what your plans are for the island, it is my recommendation that you tell your butler that you wish to rent hiking gear at this time. You will then be driven to a rental shop where you can get your gear, which you will definitely need to hike in the rainforest. The price to rent is negligible, and if you rent it this way, then you do not need to worry about returning anything. Once you arrive at the hotel, you will be guided to a sitting room where your check in procedure will be taken care of. 

Room

Room rates are seasonal and vary by the number of people. Everything is included. There are a total of 4 suites located in the main building, and 12 villas which are located throughout the property. The main building which houses the suites is connected to the pool, spa, and meal options.

All of the room options are large (53m2 for the smallest room) and feature day beds. The mini bar is unlimited (the local orange juice is incredible), and the bathrooms are large and well equipped.

Service

The service is simply fantastic. Not only will your butler be taking care of you the entire time, but at the start of the work day the staff shares information about their guests. This results in extremely personalized service. 

Some examples include all staff knowing your name and beverage choice. Staff also know when you are leaving the hotel for a day excursion, which means you can expect a packed lunch, and for a bath to be drawn upon your arrival. 

Just top tier service, surpassing any Aman in the country.

Dining

There are 2 restaurants, and although food is included, I recommend that you pay the ~$70 USD dinner fee (per person) to upgrade to the higher meal course. Food is a French/Japanese fusion served over 10ish courses. The views in the restaurant are fantastic and so is the food.

Despite how amazing the hotel is, the location is really what sells it. Yakushima is a magical place, and if you've been all over Japan I promise you that this island will stand out as the most unique. 

Overall

Hands down the best hotel experience in Japan. Better than any Aman or Ryokan that I have tried in this country. If you like the outdoors, this is a must visit!

Would you like to write a review on the ?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.