FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Expert Hotel Reviews (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/expert-hotel-reviews-734/)
-   -   Incredible value for the finest resort within hundreds of miles, Bluff, Utah (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/expert-hotel-reviews/1990540-incredible-value-finest-resort-within-hundreds-miles-bluff-utah.html)

nsx Oct 8, 2019 2:19 pm

Incredible value for the finest resort within hundreds of miles, Bluff, Utah

Introduction Bluff Dwellings Resort is an exceptional value at current prices. It's brand new, designed and built by geniuses or by space aliens from nearby Monument Valley. You will not find a finer resort in the region.The only other hotel in the area you should even consider is the hard to get View Hotel on the ridgeline in Monument Valley. Spending hours day and night on your balcony there is a mystical experience. If only we could merge the interior and amenities of Bluff Dwellings with the balconies of the View Hotel. Until that happens, you will be delighted with Bluff Dwellings. Check In On arrival, you will see a gravel driveway and a building in the late stages of construction. Don't be alarmed: The resort is open for business. The completed buildings are out of view in back. Room We have been to Park Hyatts and other 5-star hotels all over the world. Bluff Dwellings Resort knocked our socks off the moment we opened the door to our room. The designer should get an award. You feel pampered yet still connected to the desert landscape outside. This is elegance that warms your heart rather than the cold elegance of expensive materials. Although I will say the mattress was outstanding.If you are carrying heavy bags, ask for a room on the ground floor: There are no elevators. From the second floor we saw a spectacular crescent Moon set over the bluff. The outdoor fire pit and fireplace are romantic. Dining Breakfast provisions in the room were more than ample and extremely convenient. Service The staff are perfect. Location Monument Valley is a 70-minute drive away, but the cliffs surrounding this resort are impressive in their own right.. Pool The pool and hot tub were perfect, with the unique backdrop of nearby cliffs. The bathrooms at the pool are more elegant that those in most 5-star hotel rooms.

MSPeconomist Oct 8, 2019 2:48 pm

Please identify the location. Bluff Dwellings isn't familiar and I suspect that there's more than one Monument Valley in the world.

Also, does this place belong to any chains or participate in programs like FHR, Virtuosoi, LHW, etc.?

nsx Oct 8, 2019 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 31606835)
Please identify the location. Bluff Dwellings isn't familiar and I suspect that there's more than one Monument Valley in the world.

Also, does this place belong to any chains or participate in programs like FHR, Virtuosoi, LHW, etc.?

Edited to correct. No chain that I know of. Location is southeastern Utah.

SanDiego1K Sep 10, 2020 6:22 pm

I appreciate you bringing this hotel to our attention. I've now booked it thru the Chase portal. I was able to book a suite using UR points. The View Hotel is closed indefinitely due to COVID.

Here's their Insta feed: https://www.instagram.com/bluffdwellingsresort/
Here's the link to the hotel website: https://www.bluffdwellings.com/

SFO_FT Sep 26, 2020 11:28 am

5-star? Uh, don’t think so!

platbrownguy Oct 17, 2020 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by SFO_FT (Post 32702291)
5-star? Uh, don’t think so!

??

I'm currently on my third stay here. Came once in early June and it was so good that I flew my wife out to come back 2 weeks later. And now we're back again.

Get a "dwelling" (think casita) -- full 1-bedroom suite with fully equipped kitchen in a standalone building with an amazing back patio with private fire pit and grill. The pool and hot tub are fabulous. Even the spa... the massages themselves have always been world-class. This level of luxury at <$300 night in the middle of the desert is just unheard of. Everything looks and feels new and well-thought-out. The owner and manager and all the staff are so pleasant. And the sister company that does expeditions (today we went on a kayak & 4x4 tour) is just as good.

So, not sure whence the skepticism. Maybe the hotel rooms themselves aren't as nice as the standalone dwellings, but their price tag is lower too. The dwellings are certainly 5-star in my book. I'd rather be here than the Park Hyatt NY, the Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong, or any other "fancy" city property. This place is just gold.

SanDiego1K Oct 18, 2020 6:54 am

This goes to show the impact of FlyerTalk. We, too, are inhouse. We have a 2 floor suite. The main level has a bedroom and full kitchen with a dining nook and a living room. The second floor has another bedroom. The bathroom has a tub and walk in shower. It's very comfortable and well designed. The only downside of the suite is that there is no elevator in the building. One of the staff members cheerily helped carry luggage to the room.

The Navajo Nation has closed all of its land due to COVID at least to January 2021. Thus, the cabins they own at Monument Valley are closed.

We only know about this property thanks to nsx. Thanks for taking the time to write about it.

platbrownguy Oct 18, 2020 9:23 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K (Post 32755724)
We, too, are inhouse.

Great to see both of you this morning!

Pocatello Jan 1, 2021 8:04 pm

https://bluffdwellings.com/things-to-do/

this place looks amazing!

nsx Apr 2, 2021 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K (Post 32666946)
The View Hotel is closed indefinitely due to COVID.

The View Hotel is reopening next Friday April 9. Book it now before the public finds out and grabs all the rooms.

ETA: The valley drive remains closed. Only hotel guests will be allowed on the reservation, making this a very special time to visit and experience solitude. There is a hiking trail running north along the ridge from the hotel about half a mile, or you may be able to hike into the valley.