Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Expert Hotel Reviews
Reload this Page >

InterContinental Presidente Cancun Resort, Best Beach in Cancun

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2019, 10:03 am
Suspended
Original Poster
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

InterContinental Presidente Cancun Resort

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Boulevard Kukulkan KM 7.5 Zona Hotelera Cancun, MX 77500

InterContinental Presidente Cancun Resort, Best Beach in Cancun (8 Photos)

InterContinental Presidente Cancun Resort keeps a relatively low profile in the crowded Cancun hotel zone.  But it is actually the most unforgettable resort of our Cancun trip.  It is worth every single dollar we paid for the stay.

For redemption, it requires 35,000 points.  It is a good property to use the new 40,000 credit card award night.

Check In

We used Canadian Transfer to take us from the airport to the hotel.  It was a smooth ride.

The lobby is graceful and spacious.  We were welcomed to the front desk.  There were many agents and there was no waiting time.

Our room was not ready.  So we spent a couple of hours at the beach and had lunch near the pool.

I paid to get upgraded to a club level room.  This is the best upgrade money I ever spent.  Highly recommend.

Here is my first picture perfect picture at Cancun.  It was at IC Cancun.

IMG_2095.JPG

Room

This is an ocean view room on the top floor with club level access.  Here is the view from the lobby.  It is spetacular.

IMG_2138.JPG

Room with two queen size beds.  Beds are comfortable.

IMG_2128.JPG

Bathroom is adequate.

IMG_2122.JPG

IMG_2125.JPG

The best of the room is the view.  It is amazing.  Definitely get an ocean view upgrade.

IMG_2131.JPG

IMG_2133.JPG

Beach

IC Cancun has the best beach in Cancun.  The sand is very fine and mostly white.  We did not feel any shells and pebbles.  The hotel maintenance staff did a good job to clean the seaweeds and keep the beach clean.

Pool

The hotel has two outdoor pools.  We spent most of the time at beach.

Gym

The hotel has a full size gym near the large pool.  The equipments were adequate.

Service

The hotel staff was well trained.  We did not have any issues with front desk, bar and restaurants and room service.

Dining

Our upgrade has access to club lounge.  This is the best upgrade I've had.  We get full breakfast, evening food and hard drinks.  The club lounge was not crowded.  Food was fresh and presented nicely.  The staff was very attentative.  The club lounge offers tremendous value.

The LeCap Beach Club is near the pool and beach.  The drink and food quality was good.

We also had lunch at El Caribeno.  This is a large restaurant and feels dark inside. 

The IC Cancun Resort is at the heart of the hotel tourist zone.  Its beach is probably the best beach in Cancun.  It is at the middle of the ocean crescent.  So the waves are much contained than the Hyatt hotels which are at the tip of the hotel zone.

IHG Cancun.PNG

Overall

In my opinion, the IC Cancun is probably the best hidden secret of the Cancun resorts.  It does not get much coverage than the other larger and newer resorts.  It does not offer all-inclusive amenities like the Hyatts.  

But the resort is located at the prime location of the hotel strip.  It boasts the best beach in Cancun.  The resort is well established and the staff was well trained.  Also the resort is well maintained and it does not show its actual age.

I highly recommend this resort. 

Would you like to write a review on the InterContinental Presidente Cancun Resort?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.