Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Expert Hotel Reviews
Reload this Page >

A Great Stay at Park Hyatt St. Kitt's

Old Jun 1, 2019, 4:32 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Park Hyatt St. Kitts Christophe Harbour

2 Reviews | 100% Recommended

Banana Bay PO Box 1073 Basseterre, KN KN7000

A Great Stay at Park Hyatt St. Kitt's (5 Photos)

My girlfriend and I enjoyed a 4 night stay at the Park Hyatt St. Kitt’s in August 2018. Here are a few of my thoughts regarding the stay.

Check In

IMG_1202.jpgIMG_1194.jpgWe had no issues collecting our luggage and getting a taxi to the hotel. The Park Hyatt was a 30 minute drive from SKB we got a taxi which was $35. Check in was very quick and we were given a golf cart tour of the property to orient ourselves. We arrived in the late afternoon/evening so the first night we did a night swim at the adult only pool which is private and overlooks the other, larger pool. Both of the pools are beautiful. 

Room

Every room on the property has a spectacular view of Nevis and the same view is seen from both of the pools. We had a room on the ground floor level of building 18 which was very spacious and felt brand new. The Le Labo toiletries were a treat. 

Service

One thing that stood out was the friendly demeanor of the majority of the staff, my girlfriend sprained her ankle in while doing some exercises in the gym and the nurse was very helpful getting her a brace. The call to our room to follow up and check on how her sprained ankle was doing was a nice touch. The service was certainly slow at times, with multiple requests for towels, golf carts, etc. being necessary. They were operating on island time for sure.

Dining

• The first night we ate dinner at The Fisherman’s Village. The seafood based menu looked great and every dish we had was excellent. The stand out dish from this meal was the octopus appetizer we tried. 
  • The fitness center was just a short walk to The Great House so immediately after doing a quick workout, we would start our days with the expansive breakfast buffet which included any breakfast items imaginable. All of the staff was especially friendly and helpful at breakfast at The Great House everyday offering suggestions but then also becoming accustomed to our preferences after the first day. They knew that my girlfriend preferred soy milk for her coffee and it was there each day after the first one.
  • We ventured over to Cockelshell Beach one day and tried lunch at the Spice Mill which was pretty good and a nice change of pace to get a more local feel. 
  • Our second night we tried dinner at The Great House which we loved too. Our favorite dish from this meal was the lobster appetizer we tried.
  • For our third dinner we tried The Stone Barn to complete trying all 3 of the restaurants on the property. We shared the seafood paella for our entree and loved this dish. 
  • Overall all three of the dining venues were very good. They were definitely pricey, but I that is to be expected at a resort of this caliber like this in the Caribbean.

• For the most part our days were spent by the pool or simply just exploring the property itself as this was our aim for this vacation. We simply wanted to swim, sit by the pool, and enjoy some sun.
  • We decided to venture out on our final full day and we took a boat ride to Nevis which we set up through the concierge. We spent about 4 hours on Nevis where we had lunch a Sunshine’s and hung out by the pool at the Four Seasons. The Four Seasons property is beautiful and we enjoyed our time there, but we were certainly happy to return to the privacy and seclusion at the Park Hyatt.
  • The concierge has a host of activities that are available to guests outside of the resort such as dune buggies and jet skis, however we didn’t partake in any of these as we chose to spend the majority of our time on the property.IMG_1107.jpgIMG_1051.jpgIMG_1173.jpg

Overall

We were really happy with our experience at the Park Hyatt St. Kitt’s. We were looking for a vacation to just relax and we got exactly that. The property itself and the setting is spectacular. The views of Nevis are tremendous. We particularly loved the secluded feel that the resort has due to the 30 minute drive from the airport away from the main hustle and bustle in Basseterre. The property is in a secluded bay away from the rest of the island so it feels very intimate and private. On the other hand though, the property is new so the landscaping has some maturing to do and service-wise there are definitely some things for them to work out. They definitely work on island time and we had to ask multiple times for certain things, but these didn’t both us much as we wanted to move at a slower pace on this trip. Occupancy was very low when we were there in August so we saw the same families and couples over and over, but we enjoy this type of peace and quiet (and most often seek it out). All in all, we enjoyed our stay.

Would you like to write a review on the Park Hyatt St. Kitts Christophe Harbour?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jun 1, 2019, 4:55 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Mods, I am not sure how to post this directly to the Park Hyatt St. Kitt's thread in the Hyatt Forum, if you can help me place this review there that would be great. Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.