Programs: DL Plat, BA Silver
Lovely Langham Club

The Langham, London

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

The Langham, London

1 Portland Place Regent Street London, GB W1B 1JA

Lovely Langham Club (8 Photos)

The Langham, London

After a great stay at the Langham HK, we decided to take a quick anniversary trip to the Langham London. The Langham Club in HK put all previous club lounge experiences to shame and we were keen to see whether the "flagship" or at least progenitor hotel could live up to it!

Check In

We were brought up to the Langham Club for checkin formalities after letting someone in the lobby know we were booked into a club room. They were very apologetic that both checkin desks were occupied and invited us to enjoy some drinks and snacks while we waited (just a few minutes).

Room

Clean, classic Langham style. Not much to complain about here. They were able to furnish a large freestanding freezer for us to store pumped breast milk during our stay, which was very much appreciated. Love the classic marble bathroom.IMG_1050.JPGIMG_1054.JPGIMG_1055.JPGIMG_1056.JPG

Service

I don't know how it would be without the Langham Club but we saw this feature as a huge part of our stay. Service in the Club Lounge was great. The lounge in Hong Kong probably had more variety of food choices and just more to offer, this was a bit more subdued. One note is that for afternoon tea, there were minimal to no savory options available. We asked for a plate of sandwiches and they were happy to provide this. There was a menu for food items, but there was no charge for the sandwiches. Scones, tea, and champagne were great! We didn't have any extraordinary needs but feel confident that they would have delivered.

IMG_1042.JPGIMG_1043.JPGIMG_1148.JPGIMG_1153.JPG

Dining

We had our anniversary dinner in the hotel restaurant. After trying Dinner by Heston Blumenthal and some other fine dining restaurants the last time we were in London, it was a bit underwhelming by comparison. Still very solid and the price wasn't quite at the level of some of the other places, but I would not consider it an especially memorable meal.

Nice, if a bit quiet, location in central London. We had trouble finding food options late at night one day and were so very lucky to land on Dishoom (not far) - which was really amazing. We live in NYC and supposedly have good ethnic food but this blew any other Indian place we've been to completely out of the water (except maybe for Tabla, which has been gone for quite some years).

Overall

Would definitely go back here, but I think the Langham Club experience really made it worthwhile. A great jumping off point to explore London, near a lot of transport options as well. Really close to great shopping. During checkout, we expressed how much we liked the umbrellas and they sent us home with a pair! It's nice to have a fond memory on a rainy day now.

Will be looking forward to experiencing other Langham Clubs around the world (why won't they bring any Langham Clubs to the US hotels?!?!)!

Lovely Langham Club

Would you like to write a review on the The Langham, London?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.