FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Expert Hotel Reviews (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/expert-hotel-reviews-734/)
-   -   great value AC for Marriott members, not a full service hotel (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/expert-hotel-reviews/1951614-great-value-ac-marriott-members-not-full-service-hotel.html)

marctbb Jan 17, 2019 2:28 pm

great value AC for Marriott members, not a full service hotel

Introduction I have stayed more than 100 nights at the AC Firenze and it remains my go to hotel in Florence for several reasonsConvenient location for business travelers, with about 10m to the airport and 15m from the airport to the hotelGreat staff, plenty of amenities, a gym, and contemporary rooms which have a good size for ItalyFood is good too, although free for platinum members, you will just get a voucher per day, there are apetizers in the evening that are free if you order a drink, there is no lounge with free food and drinks Room The rooms are good, I though cannot really say that there is much of a difference in the non suite categories They offer plenty of storage, come with a coffee maker, and plenty of bathroom amenities, far more than in any hotel in this category There isnt a view from the regular rooms, only the suites on the top floor offer an amazing view of Florence, so in case that matters to you, book the suite Service Service is good, not special considering its a 4s hotel, but the front desk offers also concierge services and knows some less touristy restaurants, in case you are up for itThe front desk staff is usually very fast, but you will have the usual lines in case theres a large group checking inService at the restaurant is good too Dining The food in the AM is alright, with plenty of charcutterie and pastries to choose from, along with fruits the baked goods are too processed in my opinion, but will doYou can of course request any kind of coffee like you would at any barista place Dinner is pretty good actually, and offers far more than just burgers and pasta, even if those are obviously on the menu as wellThat said, you can request a lot more than is listed on the menu, the staff can usually accomodate any request Location the hotel isnt located in the touristy part of Florence, but about a 5m away from it, which is really convenient if you are driving to and from the hotel as you will not have to get through the traffic surrounding this areaThere are a few restaurants and shops with 2m walking distance Check In Is always fast and easy, keep in mind that this isnt a full service hotel and only has two suites, since I have seen plenty of people complaining about this, just read about it in advance Overall The hotel is in a decent location, offers good dinner dishes, contemporary rooms with storage for a few days, and a knowledgable staff that can plan plenty of things for youRememer that it is a semi Marriott hotel, as Marriott only has shares in AC Hotels, but not acquired the company completely yet, therefore some things will not be the same as in most Marriotts in this category