FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Expert Hotel Reviews (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/expert-hotel-reviews-734/)
-   -   My go to hotel in San Francisco, SPG100 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/expert-hotel-reviews/1951599-my-go-hotel-san-francisco-spg100.html)

marctbb Jan 17, 2019 1:35 pm

My go to hotel in San Francisco, SPG100

Introduction I have stayed here several times, and it is my go to in San Francisco Check In Is always easy and fast, never had any issues, no lines most of the time Platinums almost always get upgraded to a better category, at least I have so far, but they usually dont give the suites away even when available Room I have stayed in the regular ones, premier, executive room, as well as at the metropolitan suite I generally like the rooms, in the better category rooms the bathrooms come with plenty of amenities, but you can request the usual things in case something is missing Rooms on 3rd offer the best views, but as usual the further up your rooms is the better the views get The mini bar is always well stocked with wine and champagne Service Is great, as at most St Regis the staff is very attentive and will do their best to take care of your requests Furhter there are two house vehicles that take you anywhere within a 3mls area, advanced reservation is advised House keeping is great, the concierges really know the area and can plan anything from a visit to Napa to your business meetings, I recommend you taking advantage of this Dining A lot of people complain about the food, I for one do like it The menu in the AM is a la carte with a platinum menu for Marriott members, which isnt that different from the regular one The pastries could be better, so could be anything baked, but some of it is supplied to the hotel and not made there The bar offers a lunch menu with some delicious desserts, pasta for 25 Dollar, that said, the drinks are great and service is really good In room dining comes with ridicolous fees, which can make the pasta come in at 50 Dollar Location The location is really convenient, especially if you are attending a trade show at the Moscone, but then the rates can also easily go up to more than 900 per night, so book in advance If you are visiting as a tourist, it is just about the right distance away from most places you would want to visit, think 5m to the shopping area, 10m to the ferry building There are plenty of restaurants in the area, and even bars if you are okay with a brief walk Overall Definetely the best Marriott hotel in SF, altough there is a Ritz Carlton which offer a lot less serviceConvenient location, good food, even better staff, a bar that remains a go to for locals and VCs in the early evening Food prices can be ridicolous, but looking at the surrounding Marriott hotels, the quality here is still far better, and considering its organic, there is at least a good reason for it, rather than just wanting to increase revenueSuites are good, but I would not use my suite night awards on them as they are not that different from the regular rooms